ChannelStrip odd on new project

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Navpack
Expert

ChannelStrip odd on new project

Post by Navpack » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:31 pm

Started my first new project yesterday with the current version, a twelve audio channel project with video. Attempting to open the FX insert on the Master Bus crashed the program each and every time. What turned out to be odd is that channels 1, 2, 11, 12 have the ChannelStrip as expected. However input channels 3-10 have MasterStrip channels. Sub Groups 1 & 2 also have MasterStrip, but attempting access on Sub Groups 3 - 8 also crashes the app. It is almost as if the MasterStrips for the Sub Groups/Master have been moved down to input channels.

I can send this project for review if needed.

Regards,
Phil.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: ChannelStrip odd on new project

Post by Rim » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:38 pm

What's the history on this project? Did you do any track moving, or deleting? Did you ever move this project between an iPad 1 and an iPad 2/3/4?

Thanks,
Rim

Navpack
Expert

Post by Navpack » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:02 pm

It was a fresh project onto the iPad 4. Project came to me as OMF and I converted to aaf using Nuendo, then transfered to iPad via iExplorer. In the original aaf import there were some empty tracks that I wondered if they were contributing. Ended up exporting a fresh aaf without the empty tracks with no difference. After import I did create one new mono track and move it, then created three stereo tracks and didn't move them. If memory serves me, I did try to access the FX on the master before creating the new tracks with the result I described above.

Regards,
phil.

Navpack
Expert

Post by Navpack » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:10 pm

Don't know if this makes any difference, but the project that was open prior to the import was two input tracks, then the sub-groups. In the messed up project those MasterStrip FX started on Input track 3, right where subgroup 1 was in the prior project.

phil.

Navpack
Expert

Post by Navpack » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:23 pm

Hi Rim. I imported a new 7 track AAF into Auria; the currently opened project was a 2 input track project. I got the same results; MasterStrip shows up on input tracks 3-7, and accessing the Master FX crashes Auria.

I then make a new blank project with 7 input tracks, and re-imported the same AAF. Now all input channels show the ChannelStrip and I can access any subgroup and Master FX slots.

Hope this helps.
phil.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:00 pm

Phil,

This is very interesting. It seems like it might be related to a particular type of aaf. Can you please send me an aaf that makes this happen?

Thanks,
Rim

Navpack
Expert

Post by Navpack » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:19 am

Hi Rim. I will send it over to you today.

Regards,
Phil.

Navpack
Expert

Post by Navpack » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:22 am

Follow-up....I will say that the process for making these AAF files hasn't changed. I'm taking the OMF and making the conversion prior to bringing into Auria using Nuendo.

phil.