Where do my mixed down .wav files go?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Whitenoise

Where do my mixed down .wav files go?

Post by Whitenoise » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:23 pm

Sorry, I'm a PC guy. I'm used to finding files in folders. Where the heck do my finished songs go when I do a mixdown. I can't find them under the music player or from itunes on my host computer. I don't want to export to DropBox. Where are they????
-Jack

Jim drums

Re: Where do my mixed down .wav files go?

Post by Jim drums » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:14 pm

your i pad should sync with i tunes on your computer and then click on the ipad button, then you should be able to see summary ect. click on apps then go to file sharing, select apps (auria), then you should see auria documents with your mix down which will be a wave file. from there save the file were you like. hope this helps

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:30 am

That's right, on the iPad, you access your app's folders this way. Auria puts mixdowns into the root folder.

Rim

Whitenoise

Post by Whitenoise » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:16 pm

Aha! There they are! Thanks fellas. I'll figure this iOS out eventually. Love Auria so far. Everything I need in a portable workstation! :D

conor23

Post by conor23 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:09 pm

Is there any way to access the mixdown files from the app? I rarely sync to my computer and need to at very least be able to delete unneeded files.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:15 pm

Sure, they are in the root folder. If you press Import Audio on the menu, you'll see your mixdowns there. Of course, they are only accessible by Auria. On an iOS device, each app's files are only accessible by that app.

Rim

WillWest

Post by WillWest » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:30 am

Hello.

I am having a similar problem only that I don't have a computer, just an iPad. The new version of iTunes seems to have messed about with it's layout so I don't know how to access my mixdown.

Can somebody help?

In addition, can the file be sent in an email as I need to send it off to my friend?

Thanks.

Will.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:27 am

Unless you have a computer with iTunes, the only way to get a file from one app into another is by using AudioCopy/Paste or sending it to dropbox. Apple doesn't allow files to be shared between apps.

In the new iTunes, you press the iPad button on the top right of the screen once you connect your iPad.

Rim