PsP New PianoVerb2 & Old Timer Comp a MUST Have

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Anthony Alves
Expert

PsP New PianoVerb2 & Old Timer Comp a MUST Have

Post by Anthony Alves » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:22 pm

These 2 new plugins are great. The Reverb is fantastic and has quiet tails and sonic flavour. The Comp is smooth and very tunable with no fussing around. They are working flawlessly like all the PsP products in Auria. Cheers.
~~_/)~~~

supanorton
Expert

Re: PsP New PianoVerb2 & Old Timer Comp a MUST Have

Post by supanorton » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:24 pm

+1. Both are great. Get 'em if you can.

Jus
Expert

Post by Jus » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:15 pm

Thanks for posting about these plugs was hoping some1 would

Can you just tell me what have you tried them with? vocals or Guitar or something else like in mastering are they a good all rounder would you say :?
Cheers

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:37 pm

Definately good allrounder but you can get radical with it too. Really great so far on vocals,guitar both acoustic & electric as well as bass and drums. Very tiny when you load it in but everything still remains clear so problem seing your settings. Cheers. Hope this helps.
~~_/)~~~

Jus
Expert

Post by Jus » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:37 am

Cheers for the info

I brought them both. Very pleased with the Compressor very handy little plug-in 8) very easy to use

The Reverb don't think it's as good as psp make out it is , not really for me plus it should be a freebie TBH
But I've only tried it with a guitar so I could be way off the mark :wink:

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:22 pm

Jus wrote:Cheers for the info

I brought them both. Very pleased with the Compressor very handy little plug-in 8) very easy to use

The Reverb don't think it's as good as psp make out it is , not really for me plus it should be a freebie TBH
Yes the PianoVerb is quite unique. It can really add to midi instruments to make them huge but on guitar or vocals you need to fine tune the plugin. Most of the settings need to be turned down and very little detuning or none at all. I have put it on vovals and was able to get a setting that sounded like a transparent Lexicon LXP1 Reverb. Then layered another Convolution Reverb on top, recorded the FX and controled them from a PsP channel strip with EQ, Pan and slight compression from the old Timer.
I like to layer everything I do cause well, I can, thats the beauty od digital audio it just comes down to cpu and disk space for me. My therory to use lots of layers with minimal changes in each so as to not go over. Sometimes I have 12 tracks just controlling the FX. Cheers and glad your using the coolest tools I know.

atomgram

Post by atomgram » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:07 pm

Bought the Old Timer and the MicroWarmer. Both getting excellent results. Quick ?. What are the two small trim knobs for on the Old Timer? One appears to affect time. The other depth of valve effect. I am just assuming. Thanks.

BlackBox
Expert

Post by BlackBox » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:04 am

Yes yes! I am a reverb lover and have lots of different tools but the pianoverb2 offers something quite different and for the compressor it is more to my liking than the one in the channel bus. Very thoughtful and worth while :D

Jus
Expert

Post by Jus » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:56 pm

Anthony Alves wrote:
Jus wrote:Cheers for the info

Yes the PianoVerb is quite unique. It can really add to midi instruments to make them huge but on guitar or vocals you need to fine tune the plugin. Most of the settings need to be turned down and very little detuning or none at all. I have put it on vovals and was able to get a setting that sounded like a transparent Lexicon LXP1 Reverb. Then layered another Convolution Reverb on top, recorded the FX and controled them from a PsP channel strip with EQ, Pan and slight compression from the old Timer.
I like to layer everything I do cause well, I can, thats the beauty od digital audio it just comes down to cpu and disk space for me. My therory to use lots of layers with minimal changes in each so as to not go over. Sometimes I have 12 tracks just controlling the FX. Cheers and glad your using the coolest tools I know.
I take it all back about the PianoVerb. It is Good ,after having a little more time and a little play with myself with it , :lol: ,
Yes it is unique , and as you say layered with another reverb as well starts really sounding fab
8) Apologies 8) People