Help can't get auria to record vocals with blue yeti

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

sleepingangel

Help can't get auria to record vocals with blue yeti

Post by sleepingangel » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:44 pm

Hi I am happy to say that my apogee jam works like a charm however I created a new track and connected the blue yeti to a powered USB hub into the lightening adaptor into my iPad 4. I can hear my voice when I'm singing and I can hear the guitar but it just does not record anything...I just can't figure it out. Any clues?
Thanks
Maria

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Help can't get auria to record vocals with blue yeti

Post by Rim » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:52 pm

Some basic things to check:

- Make sure you're setting the correct input for the track you're recording in the Input Matrix
- Make sure The track has it's record-enable button on
- Make sure you press both Record and Play (one after another).

One way to know it's recording is by going to the editor page. When Auria is recording, you should see the entire track turn red. This disappears once the recording is stopped.

Rim

sleepingangel

Re: Help can't get auria to record vocals with blue yeti

Post by sleepingangel » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:49 am

Rim,
Thanks so much it was the input. It's funny too because it would turn all red like it was recording but obviously now I know why. Thanks so much for clearing that up. It's funny too because all the other track's inputs are selected just that one wasn't ...but glad that came up so I know in the future etc.
I'm so glad it was something simple so that I don't have to get different interfaces etc...'
Little by little I'm getting more and more acclimated to this great program. It was really easy to figure out how to do some automation to correct some variance in my guitar volume. Awesome feeling more and more at home...thanks so much for answering all the questions so quickly. It really helps!
Maria