Crashes galore, lost project and faders non-responsive

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

AldGra

Crashes galore, lost project and faders non-responsive

Post by AldGra » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:19 am

Have had Auria for a week now. Updated to 1.04 this morning.

I have been working on a 3 projects, and this afternoon after splitting multiple regions (3 tracks) then deleting the 3 split segments in my 'main' project the app crashed. Not sure if this will be relevant but I've been using Drumagog and PSP MicroWarmer plugins across various tracks in the project.

Since the crash I've been unable to access the main project. Each time I try, I get the pop up telling me the app crashed last time, would I like to send a crash report. It also gives the option to download the project or to skip. Whether I hit yes or no, nothing happens and it goes straight into a 'new project' screen.

If I then try to download any of the 3 projects I've been working on, the one that was open when the crash happened fails to open at all and the app crashes again. If I try to open the other two, sometimes the same thing happens.

If I manage to open the other two (that weren't running when the original crash happened) there are other issues;

(1) the faders stop responding
(2) the usually fluid scroll becomes very direct and the screen only moves when my finger is actually in contact with it (i.e. it stops dead as soon as the finger leaves the screen) and
(3) sometimes (but not every time) the screen doesn't respond to touch, for instance when I try to load a different project etc.

Any help /guidance would be appreciated.....

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Crashes galore, lost project and faders non-responsive

Post by Rim » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:26 am

Can you please send me the project that's causing this? That should not be happening, and I'd like to see what's going on. Please zip it and send via dropbox to rim at drumagog (dot com).

Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:27 am

Did you have any frozen tracks in this project, and did you try unfreezing them?

Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:39 am

I just looked through the reports, and I couldn't find any notes for your crash reports. Did you submit one when it crashed?

Rim

AldGra

Post by AldGra » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:42 am

Rim,

Just seen request re crash reports.

When I answer 'yes' to the pop up, it doesn't bring me the crash report text box, just goes straight to a new project window, therefore unable to submit.

AldGra

Post by AldGra » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:44 am

Wow! Thats quick Rim.

Completely new to all this, closest I've been to a DAW before was GarageBand.

Please forgive me, but I don't know how to zip / email the project from the app.
(Will I be able to do it if I can't access the project anyway)?
More than happy to oblige if you can walk me through it.

There are (i think) 14 tracks in use an a couple spare. All active tracks were frozen until I've needed to unfreeze to edit. I think it was just the 3 I was editing together that we're unfrozen when it crashed.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:47 am

OK, thanks. Just connect your iPad to your computer, and use iTunes to copy the bad project to your computer. Then, zip it and send it to me using dropbox on your computer.

Rim

AldGra

Post by AldGra » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:08 am

Ah, thanks.

I'll get on it.

Might take a while as iTunes on laptop needs uninstalling and fresh download.

My day just gets better and better!

I'll get it to you as soon as I can.

Gra

AldGra

Post by AldGra » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:41 pm

Rim,

Nearly there - I have a project file that's 633 MB (zipped)
I assume its what you'll need, but it's going to take my laptop some time to upload it to dropbox before I can share it.

In the interim, thought I'd add that I'm not sure that its the project that's causing the issues, partly as in addition to the crash itself and the project I can't reopen, the following issues have also cropped up since the crash:

(1) I can sometimes get into the other 2 projects I have running, but they (or the app itself) seem very unstable at the moment.

(2) Part of this is seems to be an issue with the response to button presses, swipes etc. Half the time they are not recognised. This is also apparent in the menu screens etc; for instance, when I try to load a different project or edit the countless new 'empty'projects that are appearing as I have to skip loading the crashed project. The only way I have found to get around this when it happens is to kill the app and restart as there is no response to commands when buttons are pressed.

(3) possibly related to the above is the change in the 'feel' of the interface and how it responds to touch. When scrolling the screen to move from one end of the 'board' to the other, rather than the usual fluid ipad movement with a little latency which decelerates when you lift you finger from the screen and slows to a stop, when the above issues manifest he selves the interface becomes very direct, no latency, and stops dead as soon as my finger is lifted.

I have no idea what all this means, but thought I'd best give you the fullest rundown re the issues.

Cheers

Gra

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:17 pm

You may be right, this sounds like a memory issue. Have you checked that all your background apps are closed? This is very important when working with Auria. Also, keep in mind that doing a restart of your iPad won't kill your background apps. This must be done manually. To kill your background apps, just double-tap on the home button, then tap and hold on the icons at the bottom, and press the x on all of them to close them.

Also, are you using an iPad 1 by chance?

Rim

AldGra

Post by AldGra » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:38 pm

All background apps closed.

And the ipad is the old 'new ipad' (AKA the ipad 3).

I'm going to try freeing up some memory, there seems to be a lump of memory taken upmwithnphotos that have been deleted but may have left a footprint.

Have emailed the project from DB now.

Cheers

Gra

AldGra

Post by AldGra » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:01 pm

10/10 for the response.

For any casual readers, Rim took my project, corrected it and sent me back a usable copy via Dropbox.
Can't fault the service.

Thanks Rim, I now have a project again. The app also seems to be working better since I downloaded the replacement project and deleted to old version.

Thanks Rim.

AldGra

Post by AldGra » Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:02 pm

:D