Importing impulse responses

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

mrufino1
Expert

Importing impulse responses

Post by mrufino1 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:40 am

I know the was addressed in another topic, but I had a question to clarify importing impulse responses. I imported the bricasti m7 responses that are free on the net, by converting them to .ir, then loading them in the main folder in iTunes file share. However, it seems that now the impulses that are factory supplied are gone, any idea what might have happened and how I can get them back? I also tried importing via the zipped folder with ways, but that didn't seem to work. Would it have mattered that the impulses were organized in folders by type inside the zipped file? Thanks.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Importing impulse responses

Post by Rim » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:39 pm

The only way for the stock IRs to disappear is if the IR folder was renamed. Make sure this sin't the case. It should be called IR Files. Note, it's very important that the capitalization is correct. Also, Auria doesn't support folders inside the IR folder.

Rim

mrufino1
Expert

Post by mrufino1 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:27 pm

Uh oh, I think that I deleted that folder on iTunes file share, thinking it was the incorrect impulses I put on there. Ay way to get it back short of re-installing? If I have to reinstall, I should back up the projects first I guess, correct? Or, will it be restored on next update? Thanks.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:02 pm

Yes, reinstalling is the only way to put them back. Just make sure you back up all your projects using iTunes, and you should be fine. If you bought any plug-ins, go to the Auria store afterwards and click Restore Purchases.

Rim