Project is not opening

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Ostad

Project is not opening

Post by Ostad » Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:31 am

Dear Auria Team,
First of all I want to congratulate you to a great piece of software. I'm using Auria now professional with my recordings.My probem is that I recorded today a 16 tracks session and mixed it all on auria. During the mixing the project crashed and I was not able to open it anymore.Even after several resets.I copied the file from Itunes to my harddisk and deleted the project from my Ipad. Now I wanted to copy it back again to the ipad but I cannot select the whole project but only one file at a time and without any project folder in which I could put the files. So back on the ipad Auria doesn't recognize the files.What did I do wrong? I'm in urgent need of the project. Thank you in advance

Ostad

Re: Project is not opening

Post by Ostad » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:02 pm

I tried now to download the file from dropbox to auria and all the files are being downloaded and on the last step when it says"loading project" it crashes.
Please I need some help

Schimanski
Expert

Post by Schimanski » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:09 pm

Before you can copy your project back to your iPad ,you have to zip the project on your PC or Mac.Then in iTunes add the
zip to your Auria documents.Then syncronize your iPad .Then open Auria and open NEW PROJECT!This is important!
Auria unzips the files and your project should appear in the projects list.
Chris

Ostad

Post by Ostad » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:18 pm

Thank you very much. But without the zip. I transfered it to dropbox and then back to the ipad and the project still crashes.

Schimanski
Expert

Post by Schimanski » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:31 pm

Sorry,I don't use dropbox ( for this ) because it's so slow.But the way I described it before,it always works for me to
transfer projects from the iPad to Computer and back.
Chris

Ostad

Post by Ostad » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:53 pm

I tried it your way ziped it and opened it in auria. It decompressed the files and opened. And there was no file in the project!
What am I doing wrong?

Ostad

Post by Ostad » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:09 pm

Please could anybody help me. This is a composition for Amnesty international they need it urgently.

Schimanski
Expert

Post by Schimanski » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:15 pm

The "open new project" is only a "trick".The New Project doesn't have any files.But when you go to the menu and choose
open project,your transferred project should be there and you can open it with all the files.
By the way,on your computer all files must be in the folder that you zip!But that's understood...sorry.

Ostad

Post by Ostad » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:22 pm

Thanks for your quick reply but let me get it straight. I open new project and everything is empty, then I should choose and say "load project" but which one? Sorry for my slow understanding but got 12 hours of recording and mixing in my brain.

Schimanski
Expert

Post by Schimanski » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:26 pm

In the menu it is "Load Project" not "open...".Sorry.
And in the folder on your computer should be all files like "content" ,etc.Don't change anything there.

Ostad

Post by Ostad » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:30 pm

Sorry but now I got what you meant.I opened up my project but it crashes!!!
I can get all the audio files via audio import but all edited files start at the beginning of the song so everything is totally mixed up.

Schimanski
Expert

Post by Schimanski » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:37 pm

Are you sure you didn't change anything in the project-file on your computer.Auria needs All files like content, overview etc.
to put the audio files at the right place.

Ostad

Post by Ostad » Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:49 pm

It is like I said. I was mixing the tracks within auria when the project crashed. Rebooted, still couldn´t open the project.Now I tthought maybe putting the files away from the ipad and then downloading it again would solve the problem but it still crashes when I try to open it. I didn´t change anything within the folder, but thought somje of you guys may now if perhaps I should change something I thought about a corrupted file or something. Everytime after it crashes and I open auria again it says project failed to open maybe because not having enough memory I still got 1,2 gb of space on the ipad the auria space says 12%. Could this cause the problem?

Schimanski
Expert

Post by Schimanski » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:44 pm

Yes,this could cause the problem.1,2 GB is not much for a project.First I would delete some apps you don't need.then
KILL ALL APPS WORKING IN BACKGROUND.Then Really turn off the iPad ,wait some time and then reboot it again.
Maybe this helps?Good luck!

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:36 pm

If you send the project zip to me, I can have a look to see why it's crashing. It's certainly possible that it's due to not enough space, or more importantly not enough memory. Have you tried closing all your background apps?

Rim