Freezing with Drumagog

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

alienbassplayer

Freezing with Drumagog

Post by alienbassplayer » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:27 am

Hello all! I'm new to Drumagog and Auria so hopefully, this will be an easy question. I downloaded Drumagog the other day and have been adding some kick and snare sounds to my mix. I think I have something that I like and can work with. However, the CPU range is climbing to 75-80%. :( I decided to freeze the kick track to free up some space and I did. It brought it down to a manageable 40%. :D Now, the issue...My tone on the kick is not what it was before freezing the track. It went from a nice punchy, tight kick with lows to a very bass heavy, muddy sound. What happened? Is this sound going to stay or will it go back when I get ready to master and finalize the track. Help!

ajmack302
Expert

Re: Freezing with Drumagog

Post by ajmack302 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:29 pm

Hi there,

I've found I have occasional freezing issues with Drumagog (eg. Sometimes the timing of the track can be affected, other times the left channel of a stereo drum track will drop out)
If I unfreeze the track it goes back to normal, then refreeze and it usually plays fine.
You could try this if you haven't already!

Good luck

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:01 am

I have reworked the freezing function in v1.04, please try this when it becomes available.

Rim

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:50 am

+1 had issues with freezing a drumagog track not being the same after the freeze. Will give exact details when I next work with a drumagog song.

alienbassplayer

Post by alienbassplayer » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:27 pm

Thanks Rim. I'll give it a shot when it becomes available. By the way, when I was working with the tracks again I was still encountering the same problem on the kick but when I froze the snare, I didn't have any issues at all.

Any idea how far out you still are with Apple?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:44 pm

Apple never tells us anything ;) They usually take 8-12 days to approve an update, and we submitted it over the holiday, so it might take longer.

Rim