Save Project Copy...am i doing this wrong?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

trupro
Expert

Save Project Copy...am i doing this wrong?

Post by trupro » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:24 pm

Hello!

So i have filled up my iPad by mistakenly using 'Save Project Copy'...this seems to copy
not just the session data, but all the audio files it uses.

Therefore i have like ten sessions with over a gb each in them lol.

I am aware that Auria automatically saves two additional copies as "_BK" titels, for
its round-robin autosave feature. When i look at those project titles, they are much smaller
though.

Does this mean that if i title it with a "_BK" tag it does not copy all the audio files redundantly,
but only the Project data of changed settings?

If not, let us know if there is a way to save only the Project settings data, basically would like
to save backups that do not copy all the audio over and over.

Thanks RIM and the gang!!

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Save Project Copy...am i doing this wrong?

Post by Rim » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:34 pm

There's currently no way to make a backup copy of only your project file (without the audio). When you use the Save Project Copy feature, Auria will make a copy of your entire project bundle, including your audio files. The automatic backups are only of the project files itself, not the entire bundle, but these are automatic. They are used by Auria in case something goes wrong when loading a project. If you want, you can manually make copies of the .PRJ files yourself using a program like iExplorer.

Rim

trupro
Expert

Post by trupro » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:30 pm

Rim wrote:There's currently no way to make a backup copy of only your project file (without the audio). When you use the Save Project Copy feature, Auria will make a copy of your entire project bundle, including your audio files. The automatic backups are only of the project files itself, not the entire bundle, but these are automatic. They are used by Auria in case something goes wrong when loading a project. If you want, you can manually make copies of the .PRJ files yourself using a program like iExplorer.

Rim
Ah ok i understand, this makes sense. That is a good idea, i will look into iExplorer.
For now its just going to be erasing session copies once the data is safely backed up.

Thanks as always Rim, cheers!

CEIsar
Expert

Post by CEIsar » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:44 pm

@Rim: are you having plans to integrate that"make a project copy without saving the files again"function?Its a kinda annoying limitation currently.I would love to try different (mixing)things but i'm always scared that i can't get back to an older project status.Copy the whole project is not really a help cause it takes a long time (for bigger projects)to save and its wasted disc space.Which is rare even on an 64GB ipad as we all know :wink:
iPad Air 2 - WiFI - 128GB - iOS 9.1 - Auria Pro 2.01 - Roland Duo Capture EX

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:02 pm

Yes, it's definitely something I'll add to a future release. These last releases have been bug-fix focused, so hopefully I'll start adding some of these things in the next releases.

Rim

CEIsar
Expert

Post by CEIsar » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:21 pm

Thanks for the (positive) reply!You guys doing a great job without a doubt,looking forward how it will grow in the next year.Exciting times :)
iPad Air 2 - WiFI - 128GB - iOS 9.1 - Auria Pro 2.01 - Roland Duo Capture EX