Recording with reverb

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

antony burton

Recording with reverb

Post by antony burton » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:38 pm

Hi,
I would like to record something through an audi interface and be able to hear the reverb from Auria. I have a Mackie mixer with usb output (profx 12). I put an input on Auria on record and went to FX and called up the reverb. To begin with I could hear the reverb and it sounded great, then it started feeding back. Now, even after turning everything off and back on again, I can't hear the reverb. What should I do to record so that no reverb is recorded but that I can hear it while recoding?

Thanks in advance,

Antony

antony burton

Re: Recording with reverb

Post by antony burton » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:38 pm

OK I found it, I shouldn't use the track I'm recording to to put the reverb on, but a sub group - assign the track to a subgroup and put the effect on that subgroup and now all works fine!

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Nov 25, 2012 5:16 am

That's one solution, but another way to do it is to enable "Record Effects" on that particular track. It's an option you get if you tap and hold on the record enable button.

Rim

antony burton

Post by antony burton » Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:33 pm

Hi Rim,
Thanks for the reply, but I'm confused. I want torecord while only monitoring my instrument with reverb, not record reverb. I thought that the option "record reverb" meant that the reverb will be recorded when I record my instrument?

Otherwise, may I say that I am completely blown away by Auria. It is a dream come true and all that on an ipad mini. Keep up the good work!

All the best,

Antony

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:35 am

Oh, OK. I misunderstood. To monitor reverb, you simply want to make sure your record monitor option is enabled in Auria's settings. If you were getting feedback, it's possible that something was sending your output back into the input in your mixer?

Rim

antony burton

Post by antony burton » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:16 pm

The monitor was on in the settings. I think the problem comes from my mixer, maybe it's not 100% compatible? Funny that it worked for a while before starting to feedback though. anyway, it works the way I said in my second post and that suits me fine. I'm amazed at how little latency there is . I can even use the thm plugin and play along with my guitar no problem.

Thanks again,

Antony