Selecting and dragging resistance

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

drock
Expert

Selecting and dragging resistance

Post by drock » Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:53 pm

So I've noticed that when I highlight a section of audio and it goes dark like normal, it really takes a lot of movement in order to get it to "loosen" up so I can move it. I'm doing meticulous selecting and dragging of small cuts in tight, zoomed in views and not just huge sections at very wide views. It seems like it resists moving after I highlight it. I should be able to zoom in, hold down the section so the tone goes dark and then very easily and smoothly start pushing it around. I shouldn't have to try to convince it to move by having to pull it all the way to almost the next measure. I dont know if I'm the only one that runs into that. Don't get me wrong, I love the app!! But I'm using it so often this would save time and frustration. Thanks!

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Selecting and dragging resistance

Post by Rim » Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:48 pm

This "default snapping" is there to prevent the track from moving if you decide to move it up or down to another track. If you press and hold, but keep your finger held down for several seconds, then start moving, it should move smoothly without the snap. Just make sure to keep your finger still while holding.

Rim

Banyon

Post by Banyon » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:00 pm

Ive read that before, bout holding the finger down, but ive never been able to avoid the abrupt snap no matter how long my finger stays on it.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:17 pm

Improving that is on my list. Probably in 1.05 ;)

Rim

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:56 am

it seems Rim has the steadiest finger on the Auria forum. Not an easy feat :wink:

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:54 am

;) I think it's probably more that my test project is simpler, or different in some way.

Rim