No presets showing for Convolution Reverb

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

weedpoet

No presets showing for Convolution Reverb

Post by weedpoet » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:22 pm

Is anybody else having an issue with Convolution Reverb not showing any presets? The drop down window is blank. I reinstalled the app and it makes no difference.

DavePDX
Expert

Re: No presets showing for Convolution Reverb

Post by DavePDX » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:54 pm

I just had the same symptom after restoring my new iPad 4 with my old iPad backup. Everything worked fine except the Convolution Reverb presets.

Tried "restore purchases", but that didn't change anything the first time. Then I tried adding a new app, and discovered the AppStore hadn't verified my new device yet. Once I did that, Restore purchases did the trick.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:39 pm

Convolution reverb doesn't have any built-in presets. Are you talking about presets, or IR files?

Rim

DavePDX
Expert

Post by DavePDX » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:44 pm

I was talking about IR Files.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:56 pm

Ok, got it. The convolution reverb looks for a folder called IR Files, which contains all your iR wav files inside it. If this is missing, deleted or renamed, you won't see anything in the list when you bring up the reverb. The spelling and capitalization are important, otherwise it won't see the files.

Restore Purchases will only bring back any IR files you had purchased, not the built in ones, as these are not part of a purchase.

The only way to restore the original IR files if they got deleted is to delete Auria and reinstall it again from the app store.

Rim