Multiple Region selection bug

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

DavePDX
Expert

Multiple Region selection bug

Post by DavePDX » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:33 am

Selecting multiple regions sometimes selects regions that were NOT chosen. To reproduce:

- Create an audio track, then split it two times so you now have 3 regions.
- Activate the multi-region selector switch
- tap a region and then long-tap one of the other regions to activate the move function

If you long-tap the center region only, the first and second get selected for move
If you long-tap the last region only, the first and last region get selected
If you long-tap the center and last regions, all three get selected
Long-tapping the first region only works as expected

The problem is even more vexing when region copies are used. In that case, sometimes the original is selected whenever a copy is selected, even when they are on different tracks. This is difficult to spot since the original may not be onscreen at the time.

Also, the behavior is slightly different if you use the separate function instead of the split function.

Speaking of which: I have yet to find a way to easily unselect a highlighted section of a region (as opposed to when the whole region is selected, where you can just tap again or tap between tracks). Is there a way to do that short of dragging the highlight to 0 length?

Banyon

Re: Multiple Region selection bug

Post by Banyon » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:52 pm

"I have yet to find a way to easily unselect a highlighted section of a region..."

Double tap somewhere outside the highlighted range... Or actually, inside it, for that matter. Double tapping anywhere at all takes care of it

Well, crap, that's not exactly true. If its a highlight across all tracks, you have to double tap somewhere in the timeline. If its an inter-track highlight, with the little scissors, you have to double tab anywhere except the timeline. That's how it works for me anyway. Don't know if that's the official method, but its what I figured out through trial and error

DavePDX
Expert

Post by DavePDX » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:12 pm

Thanks Banyon! I was sure I had tried that and it didn't work, but sure enough, it works perfectly.

Of course, that was only an aside, and not really related to the bug I'm reporting, but I sure appreciate the reply.

DavePDX
Expert

Post by DavePDX » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:56 am

Bump. Surely someone else has seen this bug. It's easy to reproduce, and manifests itself often if you split or duplicate regions with any frequency. Of course it only happens when multiple region selection is active. The main reason it took me awhile to notice it, is that the incorrectly selected extra region was often offscreen.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:32 am

Have you tried to lock your multiselections? To do this, press the multiselect icon until it's flashing. Then make your selections. After you're done making the selections, doubletap on the multiselect icon. Now your selections are locked, so it's impossible to accidentally deselect something.

Rim

DavePDX
Expert

Post by DavePDX » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:54 am

I guess I haven't explained the bug very well.

Put simply, when you select more than one region, there are times when regions you did NOT select, DO become selected anyway. When you select 1 region, an additional region is also selected, and the program will not allow you to deselect one without deselecting the other.

If you follow the steps in my first post, you'll see what I'm talking about.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:51 am

Dave,

Thanks, I re-read your original post, and I understand what you're talking about now. I'll look at this.

Thanks,
Rim

DavePDX
Expert

Post by DavePDX » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:37 am

Thanks Rim. This can get pretty frustrating when you are trying to copy or move multiple regions.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:19 pm

OK, I just fixed this bug. It was pretty simple.

Thanks,
Rim

DavePDX
Expert

Post by DavePDX » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:21 pm

Fantastic, I was hoping that would be the case. Thanks for the amazing app, and tremendous support!