Refund?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Banyon

Refund?

Post by Banyon » Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:32 pm

Is it possible to get a refund for Auria? Ive never tried to get a refund for an app before, but Ive heard its pretty much impossible. On the other hand, Ive never spent 50 bucks on an app before, either, especially one that wont even open. Oh, it tries. Ive read the little tutorial screens that appear when all the innards are getting situated. Ive touched when it said touch to start using the app. I dont know if its my touch or what, but it just sits there, never moving from its Im-all-done-loading-go-ahead-and-use-me teaser screen. No matter how I touch it, where I touch it, how many times I touch it, I get nothing. Well, thats not exactly true. Often it eventually disappears altogether- the whole app- forcing me to try the whole thing over again, with no better results than the first time. Ive never even seen a clean view of the mixer. Ive neer even been able to get that far. No other apps running, fresh from turning it on, doesnt matter. It just doesnt work. It looks like it might be beautiful. I wouldnt know. Im partial to apps that work, though. Im just funny that way. I cant accept paying 50 bucks for an app that wont even open. How can I get this rectified?
Thanks

Ipad 2, ios 6, and not at all gruntled

:evil:

mtingle
Expert

Re: Refund?

Post by mtingle » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:13 pm

Very strange, not heard of this problem before. I feel sure you'll get this sorted quickly, the support from the auria team is excellent as is the app once you get it working.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:53 pm

This is a very easy thing to fix. Please follow these instructions carefully and I guarantee it'll work for you:

1. Delete Auria from your iPad
2. Download it again from the app store.
3. Wait for the tutorial to finish
4. IMPORTANT: After the tutorial finishes, don't touch the screen. Leave it for an additional 6 minutes without touching anything
5. After 6 minutes, touch the screen to close the tutorial.

That should fix the issue. This is a new issue which occurred after iOS6, and we have already fixed it for the next update (which will be out soon).

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Rim

Banyon

Post by Banyon » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:27 pm

OK, I will give that a try, but first, a followup question:
Am I going to have to wait 10 min for this thing to open every time (the 4 it takes to get there, and the 6 more I have to wait afterwards)? Or is this something I only need to endure that first time through?

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:41 am

1st time only

Banyon

Post by Banyon » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:36 am

OK, thanks, I have finally been able to get in.
And despite the infrequent crash now and again, and the bad taste in my mouth I started with after nervously parting with 50 bucks only to find that I couldn't get in, I have to say it didnt take long to win me over. Its a pretty stunning piece of work. I'm eager to put it through its paces.
Question: As I said earlier, I'm on an iPad 2. I thought about moving up to the iPad 3, but just havent been able to justify it. I love the retina display, but the iPad 2's display isnt so far from it to buy a new one just for that, and I have no interest in using the iPad as any sort of camera, so that doesnt do it for me, either. The one thing that might make a meaningful difference is the processing power. How much faster/more efficiently/better does Auria run on an iPad 3 than an iPad 2?
Thanks for your help.

instinctive
Expert

Post by instinctive » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:36 am

The difference from iPad 2 to iPad 3 isn't all that big, and the Retina display isn't supported by Auria (to save memory), so you'll get the same resolution on the iPad 3.

However, what *does* make a huge difference is the iPad 4 - if you can, you should get that :)

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:00 am

Yes, iPad 4 makes an enormous difference in both processing power, and graphics speed in Auria. The GUI is lightning fast on the iPad 4.

There is one important difference between iPad 2 and iPad3/4, and that's memory. Pad 2 has only 512MB and iPad 3/4 has 1GB. It makes a difference for larger projects.

Rim

Banyon

Post by Banyon » Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:28 am

Well I took the advice and the plunge yesterday and I can confirm that the newest iPad makes a huge, wonderful difference.