cleaning up memory

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

woodstock

cleaning up memory

Post by woodstock » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:16 am

Please help me!!!, my Ipad is out of memory, and im in the middle of a great project.
how do i clean up old wavefiles in Auria?

Rim
Site Admin

Re: cleaning up memory

Post by Rim » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:23 pm

For wav files, it just a matter of going into the Import Audio screen, and swiping across any wav files you want to delete (the standard iPad gesture from left to right).

Rim

chuen

Post by chuen » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:13 am

Say I recorded long piece of audio in project
If I delete the clip and lately decide to bring it back importing it as audio duplicates the wave inside project folder
Why? Taking in account iPad storage capacity..
Same behaviour if Importing to another project
As non destructive editor which use clips conception which is merely links to original data stored Auria can avoid this behaviour

Also, because IPad limitations it'll be greate to invent multiply edits design
Say I tune first part of project (intro) with particular set of plugins/sequence it in edit1
Next part goes to edit2 and so on...

General edit utilized for final mix down, Any mix down made in any edit puts on correspong track/timeline position automatically.
Multiply edits can be storage/CPU/ram savers and processing time savers of course..

To save storage capacity we need destructive TRIM edit for those who record several hours of audio and only need say 10 minutes of it

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:58 am

Auria duplicates imported audio because you might perform some destructive edits to the audio, which could then affect multiple projects if that audio is shared. Auria has no way of knowing that ahead of time.

There's a cleanup function in the process menu which performs destructive trim like you described.

Thanks,
Rim

chuen

Post by chuen » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:48 am

Rim
I don't have this Cleanup function in Process menu, latest AppStore update on IPAD 1

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:08 am

Sorry, I meant Condense Regions.

Rim