Please tell me I can do this with Auria...

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Joe Nerve

Please tell me I can do this with Auria...

Post by Joe Nerve » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:35 pm

...and then tell me how to do it.

I decided I want to export a project I've been working on and put it into cubase. I did a bunch of editing on the bass track (took the best of 3 takes and put it all together), and now I'd like to export the final edited track into a single wave file. But it exports into dropbox as 3 seperate, unedited tracks. I tried also to save the project (as opposed to export the tracks) to dropbox, and it's either not happening, or it's going to take a month to upload according to the progress box. Not sure if that's going to drop a wave file into drop box either. I'm sitting here for about 5 minutes already and the saving project window still only has about 1/32" (for the metric folks, that's just a little dot) in the progress bar. I don't think this is happening.

So. To rephrase and simplify. Can I glue an edited track together to make it one file, and or... how can I export a single edited track to use in another program?

Washboy
Expert

Re: Please tell me I can do this with Auria...

Post by Washboy » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:14 am

When you say 'Export', do you mean 'Export to AAF' or simply produce a WAV file?

I guess you mean the latter, so you're going the Menu->Mixdown route, yes?

Joe Nerve

Post by Joe Nerve » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:10 am

Thanks for responding, I think you may have answered my question. I hadn't used mixdown. Was using save project to dropbox, and export AAF file to dropbox.

When I exported everything to drop box, it was great except for the fact that my edited tracks were lost. It exported the full tracks that I took my edits from. Is there a way to glue regions in a track together to make it one file, as if using the glue tool in other daws? The mixdown will work, but using that I'm going to have to export each track individually. Which I guess ain't the worst thing in the world, but it would be nice if I could export it all in one shot, and save my edits in one wave file.

Is that possible?

ajmack302
Expert

Post by ajmack302 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:14 am

Hi there,

I think if you solo all the tracks that you've edited and the go to mixdown, select mixdown to a new track and you should have a single track of your combined parts.

Hope this helps......and that it works!!

Aaron