THM plugin

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

acaonweb
Expert

Re: THM plugin

Post by acaonweb » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:13 am

well, i hope that will be a quick solution.
About a workaround, yes, i know it exist but have u tried to work with many track with soundcard attached and guitar too turning 90° ipad every 5 minutes only trying different sounds????

thanx in advance.
Fabrizio.
iPad Air Pro 11 iOS 16.3 WiFi 512 Giga, Scarlett Focusrite 18i8
http://mustek.bandcamp.com

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Oct 30, 2012 3:36 pm

I understand it's not ideal. We're doing the best we can in this situation and I hope we'll have some good news soon.

Thanks for your patience.
Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:37 pm

I just received a new version of THM from OverLoud, and it looks like the issue is fixed. We'll be adding this to v1.04.

Thanks,
Rim

Trueyorky
Expert

Post by Trueyorky » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:26 pm

Thanks, as always Rim.

Joe Nerve

Post by Joe Nerve » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:42 pm

Gotta admit, my patience is beginning to wear thin with this app. I've been exporting my stuff onto my PC because of issues with THM. I can bypass and live with the sideways stuff by putting together my own sounds, but I'm having a feedback and noise problem that's ridiculous. And using the noise gate (in any capacity that's effective for the feedback) destroys the guitar sound. What's up with the feedback? If I try to use a preset, it squeals ridiculously and I have to quickly lower everything until I wind up with a horrible clean sound. Can someone help?

And how do we get the update?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:15 am

The new version of THM will appear in the next Auria update, 1.04. There are still a few items remaining for me to fix in Auria itself. You can check the current status of the list by going to the Bug Status thread - it's one of the first topics on this forum. It's hard to estimate exactly, but I'd say by the end of the week I should have it submitted to Apple for approval.

Someone else had issues with feedback when using THM, and I believe it was just that the levels were set too high. In any case, I'll ask Overloud to respond directly, since it's their product and they know it best.

Thanks,
Rim

Jus
Expert

Post by Jus » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:49 am

I had serious feedback issues with THM using the irig input thingy via the mic headphone socket
But then I brought an apogee jam and don't get any even with heavy distortion on any of my guitars unless I go silly with the settings every thing on 11 :) it's a cracking app for the money got to say
Or I did read some bloke had feedback due to dodgy headphones

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:32 am

The other person who had feedback had an issue with levels combined with leaky headphones, if I remember correctly.

Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:28 am

The most common cause for feedback in THM and other plugins is using headphone-based audio interfaces (for example iRig). These interfaces have a lot of crosstalk between the input and output, and as a result, can cause feedback when using a high-gain plugin, like a guitar processor. For best results, I recommend using an interface which plugs into the 30-pin (or lightning) connector, like the Apogee Jam or similar ones.

If you want to get better results when using an interface like iRig, I recommend turning the gain down on the amp you're using. Perhaps Overloud will have some more specific recommendations.

Rim

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:41 am

I can report NO Feedback issues with the Apogee One or Focusrite 2i2. Actually it sounds wicked. However I too cant wait for the plugin to be updated. Cheers and thanks THM for a really cool plugin and Wavemachine for making it all work.

acaonweb
Expert

Post by acaonweb » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:22 am

well, if and when jamup plugin will be available, i'll say byebye to thm...

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:53 am

Are there significant differences between the two? Are they each better, in some respects, than the other or is one much better overall? Or is it simply a matter of personal taste?

acaonweb
Expert

Post by acaonweb » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:29 am

Washboy wrote:Are there significant differences between the two? Are they each better, in some respects, than the other or is one much better overall? Or is it simply a matter of personal taste?
i have both, jamup sounds better IMHO :)
And, most important, with my peavy ampkit, no feedback, no noise... with THM with many presets many many noise, feedback and more...
And the app interface is simpler then THM....

supanorton
Expert

Post by supanorton » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:12 am

Washboy wrote:Are there significant differences between the two? Are they each better, in some respects, than the other or is one much better overall? Or is it simply a matter of personal taste?
JamUp is a great sounding guitar app. It's my favorite, and it's very easy to use. I find the THM screen real estate to be a bit difficult; the knobs on the amps and pedals are very small. I don't know if the Auria version of JamUp will look just like the stand alone app, but JamUp uses separate screens for amps and pedals, making it very easy to dial in your tone. For clean to overdriven tones, it really distinguishes itself. Its "Fender" sims are very, very good. They also have an "Orange AD30" that's pretty kick ass. "Marshall JCM 800 and 900" are also very good. The pedals and racks are also excellent when compared to all the other iOS guitar apps (I also have AmpKit and AmpliTube and find myself using JamUp almost exclusively. JamUp does not have microphone placement options or microphone choices while THM does.

I am very aggravated about having to pay for the JamUp in Auria when I already have the standalone version. I'm going to wait and see how functional AudioBus is before I purchase JamUp again.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:31 am

They are both excellent choices in our opinion.

Keep in mind that the purchase policy is out of our hands. Apple's policy prevents us from detecting that a user has already purchased an app or plug-in in a different app, or giving credits, etc. There's just no system in place for that.

Rim