We need TAP TEMPO for metronome!! And...

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Guilleonline
Expert

We need TAP TEMPO for metronome!! And...

Post by Guilleonline » Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:17 am

...and a way to save the settings one uses. Evertime I have to open Auria I don't mind going through the selection of 44.1 or 48 plus de number of tracks etc. but then when I am down to business I start geeting the cpu messages and It reminds me that I have to go to settings change the audio monitor to 'off' becuase I use the direct monitor from the scarlett and then change the latency to the highest because of the same reason and then click on 'circular' instead of 'linear' in the knob settings because i preffer it that way...etc. why ?!?!?! Why couldn't it just save the settings used in the last time and recall them? That would make the workflow so much easier and creative.

And the tap tempo too!! I have to go back and forth many times to set a good tempo for the click. Lately I've realize that to avoid the 'window dance' I end up settleling on a certain tempo even though is not what I really want and after a couple of hours of recording the result is nothing like what I had envisioned. All the vibe gets lost in the weong tempo!!!

Please help. It's a nice app woth lots of features and that's why I bought it but it could be improved.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: We need TAP TEMPO for metronome!! And...

Post by Rim » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:42 am

Thanks for the suggestions. Tap tempo is already on our list for a future update.

Most settings in the settings page are saved per project, as you may prefer to have settings different per project. But I agree that a setting like knob mode should probably be global. Record monitor is best as a project parameter (like the way it is now), as I could see some projects wanting it enabled and others not. Same goes for the latency setting.

Rim

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:24 pm

having each project save their own settings is vital.

It would be cool to be able to change what a blank default projects setting should be though.

Guilleonline
Expert

Post by Guilleonline » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:20 pm

Yeah maybe that would be the solution! Startup 'templates'. That way The user could either start a blank project from the ground up for a let's say non- ordinary session where a different setup is presented, like at a friends studio where an interface might not have direct out or something like that, and then have the option to use a template and recall the settings he/she normally uses and improve workflow.

By the way thanks for the fast response.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:38 am

Templates are a good idea. Either way, some settings are not appropriate for saving in a project, and should be global. Adding template support would at least make things easier to get back to a preferred group of settings.

RIm