v1.03/AAF and .aif

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Navpack
Expert

v1.03/AAF and .aif

Post by Navpack » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:25 am

After upgrading to v1.03, I can export an AAF from Soundtrack Pro and successfully import into Auria. However, as STP only exports .aif, after import to Auria the 48k sample rate isn't being picked up and the new session is 44.1k. Wav .aaf export/import to Auria continues to work as expected using Nuendo.

My goal is to export an AAF from Final Cut Pro (pre-X) straight to Auria. Tried the Automatic Duck plugin again and it continues to bomb Auria each time an import is attempted. Soundtrack Pro looks to import timeline edits okay, just the sample rate/.aif question.

Anyone else successful with something similar? At present I take an OMF from Final Cut, open in Nuendo and export AAF to Dropbox.

Thanks.
Phil.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: v1.03/AAF and .aif

Post by Rim » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:22 am

Phil,

I think I know what's going on. It's looking for wav files only when checking the sample rate. I'll add this to the fixes for 1.04.

Rim

Navpack
Expert

Re: v1.03/AAF and .aif

Post by Navpack » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:33 am

Rim, that is the best news I've gotten in some time - thank you for such an excellent product. As an aside I've now done two 30 min post-video mixes and about half a dozen 8-10 minute mixes. Bouncing between the office and home it's been awesome to carry my projects with me so easily.

phil.