New update available (1.03.1)

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Rim
Site Admin

New update available (1.03.1)

Post by Rim » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:38 pm

Apple approved the latest update, 1.03.1. This fixes the issue some users were having with updating from a previous Auria version. For a full list of bug fixes, please see our sticky post "Bug List Thread"

Rim

Mattydg

Hi am having problems getting any signal from 3.5 input in A

Post by Mattydg » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:22 pm

Hi I apologize if this is not the correct place to post this but I couldn't find my way around the site via iPad. Please let me know if this is ok.
I was wondering if someone could tel me how to get auria to recognize signal from a simple 3.5 input cable, and turn off the internal mic

Thanks matt

Trueyorky
Expert

Re: New update available (1.03.1)

Post by Trueyorky » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:07 am

Thanks for such a quick update - fantastic support. I hope ths fix works because I have just upgraded to 1.03.1 and Auria is still showing a crash warning on startup. I'm working away so cannot delete and re-install if this is required. I get this warning after a force-close with nothing else in memory and even after turning iPad off.

iPad 3, 32gb iOS 5 Auria 1.03.1

Erik dP
Expert

Post by Erik dP » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:30 am

"...to get auria to recognize signal from a simple 3.5 input cable,..."

I guess this input needs to recognize an electret mic on a headset. Also the headset mic need a small current to work and there is therefore a small 1,2 something volts coming out of the I-device.

On the Ipod Touch a component of around 1kohm (dont remember exactly) across the mic to earth did the trick and then I could connect e.g. an SM57 to the input. The same value of the component didn't work for the Ipad. But on the Ipad you should use the dock connector as it doesn't block the lower frequencies (around 150kHz if I remember correctly).
Song writer http://www.youtube.com/erikdepomian
"Your Comfort Lie" "White Feather" "Canyons" "Where No Monsters Go" ...and more.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:21 am

That false crash message bug appears to still be there in this version, but you can safely ignore it (no crash has actually occurred). This particular bug seems to only occur in the app store versions, and has never happened for us here, so it's been hard to track down.

Rim