1.03 update issue resolved.

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Re: 1.03 update issue resolved.

Post by Rim » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:32 am

OK, I see your logic (no pun intended:). I still think there's a way to solve this that's intuitive and works for everyone. I'll work on it.

Rim

robdean
Expert

Post by robdean » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:33 am

Rim,
Looks like you're up early. Or very late!

Despite the problem you describe with the prior implementation you tried - of a long drag followed by a track change causing an unintuitive snap back - that approach does offer a solution in that every desired outcome is possible via an easy gesture, albeit that users do have to learn what the conventions are.

Which is not to say that any number of other solutions might not be fine with me: a Logic style toggle, for instance. That might also be useful when editing control points: one often wants to move them only horizontally or only vertically. Maybe a free movement vs horizontal only vs vertical only toggle, applicable to both clips and control points?

Thanks for your attention to this!
R
Latest iOS - iPad Air 2019 256Gb WiFi - Alesis iO4

Pointyhat
Expert

Post by Pointyhat » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:18 pm

mtingle wrote:
Pointyhat wrote:I do not have any issues, either with the update crashing or smoothly moving regions with snap turned off.

I noticed on the video posted where smooth movement isn't working, that the time line is set to Min/sec. I wonder if this is an issue with projects saved with a Min/sec time line in previous versions of Auria? When I switch my test
project from beats to min/sec timeline in transport options I can still move regions smoothly with snap turned off, but the original project was saved with a beats time line when I upgraded from 1.02 to 1.03

Ipad 3, iOS 6, auria 1.03
pointyhat, so when you move a region in 1.03 it doesn't 'jump' initially like in this vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfCSbMFB ... e=youtu.be

If so that's very interesting. maybe it has to do with iOS 6 or ipad3 (or maybe I have a faulty finger).
Correction, I now see what your issue is. On initial move I get the snap or jump effect but I can then smoothly move the region back to exactly where I want it. It doesn't seem that the initial jump is a snap to grid as the physical distance the region jumps is fixed irrespective of zoom. It's more like your finger has to move a certain distance to get the region moving, but once it is moving you can smoothly slide it precisely to where you want it to be. For me this is not a problem behaviour as its seems easy to pull something slightly too far to the right to get it moving and smoothly slide it back to the left to put it exactly where you want it, or the reverse.

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:41 pm

Which is interesting because we still haven't had anyone who's got the 'smooth initial movement' of a region to work yet.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:42 pm

Except me ;)

Rim

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:21 pm

mtingle wrote:
Anthony Alves wrote:iOS 6 requires the latest itunes and mac operating software 10.6.8 or later so anyone running mac os under this cannot connect to thier itunes to back-up Auria. Just thought I would let users know this could happen and the Mac App Store wont let you download Lion for $20 unless you have 10.6.8 or later so anyone stuck here has to find an old copy of SnowLepard so that they can update to Lion. So question now is how to get a copy of snowlepard to upgrade to Lion? This happened to me as for the last 2 yrs I have been ficusing on my iPad and seems I've neglected in updating my iMac. Any help as to where I can obtain an copy of Snowlepard 10.6.8. Any help from Mac users would be helpful. I contacted the Apple Store and was told that that OS is no longer available.
As a result of this I cannot back-up my Auria projects before this update crash, as mine crashed like many others so upon deleting Auria I too lost all my songs Ive been working on. As well the regular update is fast but to re-download Auria after purchasing all the plug-ins takes way more time due to the large IR Files, Drumagog Files and so on.
I bypass itunes for transferring projects or gog files or presets by using ifunbox:

http://i-funbox.com/ifunboxmac/

you can access the ipad files directly and drag and drop all you want without any zip file restrictions. plus it's free.
Thanks so much for that info. Really needed that. Cheers.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Fri Oct 12, 2012 12:24 pm

Anthony Alves wrote:
mtingle wrote:
Anthony Alves wrote:iOS 6 requires the latest itunes and mac operating software 10.6.8 or later so anyone running mac os under this cannot connect to thier itunes to back-up Auria. Just thought I would let users know this could happen and the Mac App Store wont let you download Lion for $20 unless you have 10.6.8 or later so anyone stuck here has to find an old copy of SnowLepard so that they can update to Lion. So question now is how to get a copy of snowlepard to upgrade to Lion? This happened to me as for the last 2 yrs I have been ficusing on my iPad and seems I've neglected in updating my iMac. Any help as to where I can obtain an copy of Snowlepard 10.6.8. Any help from Mac users would be helpful. I contacted the Apple Store and was told that that OS is no longer available.
As a result of this I cannot back-up my Auria projects before this update crash, as mine crashed like many others so upon deleting Auria I too lost all my songs Ive been working on. As well the regular update is fast but to re-download Auria after purchasing all the plug-ins takes way more time due to the large IR Files, Drumagog Files and so on.
I bypass itunes for transferring projects or gog files or presets by using ifunbox:

http://i-funbox.com/ifunboxmac/

you can access the ipad files directly and drag and drop all you want without any zip file restrictions. plus it's free.
Oops just went there. Requires osX 10.6.8 or later which is what I dont have. Darn!

Thanks so much for that info. Really needed that. Cheers.

DavePDX
Expert

Post by DavePDX » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:26 pm

You might check out PhoneView. I'm not sure of the system requirements for the latest version, but it's been around a long while and might do the trick for you.

http://www.ecamm.com/mac/phoneview/index.html