am i really the only one?? (sluggish edit window)

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Re: am i really the only one?? (sluggish edit window)

Post by Rim » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:43 am

OK, I thought you were suggesting a new way to do this. Sure, this is built in and works well.

Rim

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:49 am

Rim wrote:OK, I thought you were suggesting a new way to do this. Sure, this is built in and works well.

Rim
What you mean it's already possible? [dashes off to look..]

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:53 am

If you draw a highlight around regions, Auria will use that for operations like Copy and Cut. Even for multiple regions spanning across multiple tracks.

Rim

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:58 am

well after checking this out, it's not quite the implementation I was thinking.

What I'd thought was the highlight tool would copy any clip touching it (the whole clip) as opposed to only the parts of the clip inside the highlighted area.

Plus when pasting back the parts copied they don't get placed at the cursor but adjacent to the initial clips.

Maybe the hightlight tool is currently solving a slightly different functional need.

There's still no easy way to lasso and grab a whole bunch of clips in an easy way and move them somewhere else.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:13 am

I see what you mean. This would need to be solved with a lasso tool. There's no good way to add that now, as all the common gestures are used already, and I don't want to add more confusing ones like triple tap, etc. I'll think about this some more...

Rim

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:45 pm

Having just edited a song that really could have done with an easy way to select a 'block' of edits (ie a complex chorus) in one go and move it somewhere I was wondering if the highlight tool couldn't indeed be used.

The way it would work would be to highlight the block of regions required and then from the edit menu instead of pressing 'select all' there would be a new label called 'select'. Click this to select (turn blue on the edges) of all regions currently overlapping or inside the highlighted area.

Easy to do?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:20 pm

Yes, you're right, that's a good solution. Something like "Select highlighted regions" or something similar.

Rim

CEIsar
Expert

Post by CEIsar » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:46 am

Rim wrote:Already implemented, and it's much faster when the waveforms are disabled with the slider all the way to the left. Thanks for the suggestion.

Rim
I noticed there will be another advantage as well:with waveform drawing set to off it will be possible to see the region names much better then before :wink:

i'm SO much looking forward to it...i don't know how anybody else is doing it but the sluggish edit screen really drives me crazy.Thanks again!
iPad Air 2 - WiFI - 128GB - iOS 9.1 - Auria Pro 2.01 - Roland Duo Capture EX

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:00 pm

I've implemented this feature. it was very easy to add. Thanks for the suggestion.

Rim