Getting drums into auria...

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Marts500
Expert

Getting drums into auria...

Post by Marts500 » Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:00 pm

Ok...so i'm trying to put some songs together without a drummer and just an ipad.i could do with a drum sequence app that i can program then import separate snare kick and toms etc into auria then sort out with drumagog.I have tried garageband but can't seem to separate out the drums without importing the whole "song" in stereo.Any ideas where i should be heading with this....?

supanorton
Expert

Re: Getting drums into auria...

Post by supanorton » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:30 pm

I don't know of an app that does that. I've actually contacted a few of the drum loop companies I like and asked them to contact Rim about setting up a multitrack acoustic drum loop app/plugin for Auria. Don't know how feasible it is with limited file space and all. If you find something that does what you're looking for, please post it.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:23 pm

~~_/)~~~
This is possible in Garageband. Simplest way is to record your drum parts on seperate tracks then export each track individually.
Example. Record kick drum on track 1. Snare on trk 2 and so on. Next mute the tracks except for one and save the song and name the song whatever drum part your exporting say Kick Drum. Then go back into the song and mute every track except the Snare trk. Save the song again and name it Snare trk. After doing this for each drum part, export these songs into iTunes and then transfer them into Auria. Then open Auria and import the tracks into your project onto seperate tracks for major mixing. You can also email the tracks to yourself and choose the open in option of any audio app that offers this option and then audio/copy into Auria.
And if you played the drum parts into Garageband all at once, ie all parts are on the same track, copy the track as many times as there are parts in the kit. Go to each track, highlight the track, choose edit and then highlight the parts on the track that you dont want included and delete them and what will be left is the individual drum part for export then follow the song saving instructions as above and you will again have single seperated parts to import into Auria.
P.S. Don't forget to choose mono as the import option in Auria so as to have better control of the Pan Position of the drum parts as stereo always seems to be present in the other speaker even if you hard pan to one side.
Cheers. Hope this helps.

Trueyorky
Expert

Post by Trueyorky » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:12 am

Apps such as Meteor, Aurora, Nanostudio and Beatmaker 2 allow multitrack export.

Marts500
Expert

Post by Marts500 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:03 am

Thanks...think i will try again trying to duplicate the drum track in GB and then delete out to form a "multitrack" drumkit.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:41 pm

Dont forget that when you import into Auria the part will be in stereo so while in Auria mixdown the track and there choose mono then cut out the stereo one. Cheers.