DAW that supports AAf format?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Re: DAW that supports AAf format?

Post by Rim » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:28 am

When using the AAF format, you need to copy all the audio files as well as the actual aaf file. Auria projects are folders (or "bundles" on a Mac). You need to copy the entire project folder. To copy folders and aaf files, I suggest using a free program called iFunBox.

Rim

hotlipslawson
Expert

Post by hotlipslawson » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:18 pm

Rim wrote:When using the AAF format, you need to copy all the audio files as well as the actual aaf file. Auria projects are folders (or "bundles" on a Mac). You need to copy the entire project folder. To copy folders and aaf files, I suggest using a free program called iFunBox.

Rim
Thanks, Rim. I have been trying to save and reload all of the audio files together with the actual AAF file, as you suggest, with the unusable results as I described every time. When I try to reload non-aaf (project) files, I get random spots of some very ugly, very loud white noise, plus most of my hours of edits are missing. I am currently reduced to deleting all but one track, then saving it with mixdown, (simply selecting a track stem does not work, which is why I have to delete all but the one track I want to save as one file) then undo-ing delete, (doesn't always work, which means many more hours redoing my edits) then saving the next track with mixdown, repeat, etc, then rebuilding the entire project with the mixdown tracks. Is this the usual process? If so, it seems awflly cumbersome, tedious and extremely time consuming. Will iFunBox help? Windows 7 is my OS and I'm using file sharing in iTunes -- does that make a difference and is iFunBox for PC too?
Thanks again

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:41 pm

I can't think of a reason why your projects would get corrupted like that, other than maybe iTunes is not transferring them correctly. Yes, I suggest iFunBox. It's free, and will allow you to copy entire project folders to and from Auria (iTunes doesn't allow you to copy folders back to your iPad). If a project is fine within Auria, and you copy it to your PC, then back again and it becomes corrupt, I would suspect that something outside of Auria is corrupting it, like maybe bad cabling, etc.

Rim

hotlipslawson
Expert

Post by hotlipslawson » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:26 pm

Chris M wrote:Hello,

Ableton does not support the AAF file format--your best bet is to export your project as individual WAV files and import them into Ableton. You can do this easily by bouncing 'stems' in the Auria mix down dialogue, which will bounce a full-length WAV file for each track.

Best,

Chris
WaveMachine Labs
Sorry, I have no access to stems in mix down. Perhaps I simply don't understand ''stems' but I have tried everything I can think of repeatedly. Mixdown does turn tracks into full length wav files but only after I delete off every other track, which means undoing that delete afterwards (sometimes does not work, which means I loose many hours of edits on all those deleted tracks. Am I doing something wrong??

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:10 pm

Auria's mixdown has a Stems option. It's in the pull down menu where you select the file type (wav,aif,etc). In stems mode, auria will create a folder containing wav files for each track. So if you have a 24 track project, you'll see 24 files in there after it's done. Please see the Auria manual or more info.

Rim

trunkdog

Post by trunkdog » Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:09 pm

Message PreSonus for AAF support, just sayin'...
They listen pretty darn well.

Code: Select all

http://forums.presonus.com/posts/list/22933.page
Thx - td