mixdown + import as new track bug

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

offthesky
Expert

mixdown + import as new track bug

Post by offthesky » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:00 pm

i've been having to make several mixdowns of a track to try and iron it out but in the process have been running into a strange issue. here's how you can repro it:
1. create new empty project, make a new track1, drop an audio file on it
2. choose file>mixdown
3. mixdown settings: filename: "x.wav"(very important step, although i don't think the actual name matters), choose option: import as new track
4. hit okay - the x.wav is imported to it's own track ok
5. unsolo the track 1, and hit the mute button. then choose file>mixdown
6. mixdown settings: filename: "x.wav"(keep this the same as before), choose option: import as new track
7. the current mixdown is imported but looks and sounds exactly the same as the original mixdown - however we've just muted track 1 so the current imported mixdown of x.wav should technically be a muted audio file.

you can repeat steps 5-7 as many times as you want, even completely changing the audio in track 1 but upon import, x.wav will always be the same as the original mixdown. somehow x.wav is getting cached or not copied over into the project's folder properly?

noise.offthesky.com

Rim
Site Admin

Re: mixdown + import as new track bug

Post by Rim » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:30 am

I'm confused, because in your instructions, after the first mixdown, now you will have two tracks (track 1, which you will mute, then track 2, which now contains a copy of track 1 (mixed down)). If you don't mute track 2, then perform another mixdown, you will get another copy on track 3, which is normal. Am I missing something?

Thanks,
Rim

offthesky
Expert

Post by offthesky » Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:56 pm

sorry that IS confusing. i should have mentioned once the first mixdown is imported to a new track (track 2), track 2 should also be muted as well(or deleted), before attempting steps 6&7 again - or then track 2 will obviously come through in the second mixdown. technically the second mixdown should be silent(since everything is muted) but i've found upon import it's not; the second import is identical to the first mixdown+import. for a third mixdown attempt, even if i change the audio file in track 1(keeping track 2 & 3 muted but unmuting track 1 this time), if called x.wav the import will also be identical to the very first mixdown. as if auria is only using the first x.wav mixdown file with each additional "import as new track"... hope that makes sense...

noise.offthesky.com

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:46 am

OK, thanks. I'll look into this. It might have something to do with using the same filename for the second mixdown.

Rim