How can i actually get sounds from Auria into iTunes?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Geronimo
Expert

How can i actually get sounds from Auria into iTunes?

Post by Geronimo » Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:06 am

Without using another computer.

I've googled, looked into DropBox, which i like a lot, looked into iTunes, but i just can't find an import feature. The thing is, the iPad is my only device at the moment, and without any sort of filesystem i'm in need for workarounds most of the times, which is getting increasingly better by the time, thanks to AudioCopy and DropBox.

Any idea?

supanorton
Expert

Re: How can i actually get sounds from Auria into iTunes?

Post by supanorton » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:03 am

I don't think it's possible without a computer. I've been frustrated by this for a few years now. Apple keeps iTunes locked down. They don't want us getting music from anyone but them.

Geronimo
Expert

Post by Geronimo » Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:30 am

supanorton wrote:I don't think it's possible without a computer. I've been frustrated by this for a few years now. Apple keeps iTunes locked down. They don't want us getting music from anyone but them.
As i don't think that iOS 6 will help us here, i'm seriously considering jailbreaking one day.

acaonweb
Expert

Post by acaonweb » Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:12 am

There are a lot of apps that copy music from itunes from library and after that you can audiocopy into another apps. ie: BEAT TWIRL
But otherwise apps can copy music from library, it's not forbidden, so if aura team want, can add an import feature.
iPad Air Pro 11 iOS 16.3 WiFi 512 Giga, Scarlett Focusrite 18i8
http://mustek.bandcamp.com

Geronimo
Expert

Post by Geronimo » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:00 am

acaonweb wrote:There are a lot of apps that copy music from itunes from library and after that you can audiocopy into another apps. ie: BEAT TWIRL
But otherwise apps can copy music from library, it's not forbidden, so if aura team want, can add an import feature.
I'm talking about the other way around :)

acaonweb
Expert

Post by acaonweb » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:26 am

Geronimo wrote:
acaonweb wrote:There are a lot of apps that copy music from itunes from library and after that you can audiocopy into another apps. ie: BEAT TWIRL
I'm talking about the other way around :)
i understand now... sorry :)
iPad Air Pro 11 iOS 16.3 WiFi 512 Giga, Scarlett Focusrite 18i8
http://mustek.bandcamp.com

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:41 pm

Geronimo wrote:Without using another computer.

I've googled, looked into DropBox, which i like a lot, looked into iTunes, but i just can't find an import feature. The thing is, the iPad is my only device at the moment, and without any sort of filesystem i'm in need for workarounds most of the times, which is getting increasingly better by the time, thanks to AudioCopy and DropBox.

Any idea?
As you know iTunes is simply a music player on your iPad so I take it you just want to create songs in Auria and then listen to them as a stereo mix in your iTunes player. However the inability to import into iTunes directly from an app in your iPad is a restriction from Apple and not Wavemachine Labs, however there are music apps that allow you to import tracks from your iPad itunes library but currently Auria does not. However the important feature missing in Auria is the ability to send your track to your email and then use the Open In option in mail and transfer your audio to a different music player that allows you to use this import option. Hope this isnt confusing and it really does work. You will need to download for FREE iDownloads+ to your iPad. This app allows your tracks to be imported directly into the app through the email option Open In.

By the way Im just mentioning these other apps here because currently you cannot do this just with Auria and in NO WAY am I endorsing these 2 apps.

Ok I'm going to show you a trick that works for me providing you have WiFi service.

1. Mixdown your audio tracks in Auria to a stereo track in your project. Choose .wav format 16 bit 44.1
2. After you see the mixed down version of your track in the wave editor window, tap the new audio wave until the entire waveform shows a blue border around the wave file.
3. Under Edit select Audio Copy and Auria will make a copy of your song and paste it to the pasteboard.
4. Now open Garageband and start a new song, select mic as the instrument,set the view to track view,set the song to Automatic for the number of bars and if you know the tempo of the track which you should since you can check that in Auria in the settings page, set that too although this will still work even if you dont set the tempo.
5. Touch the track area that you have assigned the mic input to and you will see paste, touch that.
6. Now the track from Auria is in Garageband so exit the song, name the song, touch edit and under the options as to where to share it choose Email.
7. Make sure you email the track to yourself. The email address that you recieve mail from on your iPad.
8. Open your mail and touch and hold your track attatchment and a list of Open In Apps appears.
9. Select iDownloads+ and your track will be imported to your files in that app where you can then set up a playlist to listen to your tracks. You can even export the track again to another recording app from within iDownloads+. i use Multitrack Daw by Harmonic Dog for this. You can also email a song from within Multitrack Daw if you dont have garageband but most have Garageband and not Daw Multitrack.

If Auria had a send to email option in their file sharing you could just email directly from within Auria to your email then directly to iDownloads for your listening pleasure
Cheers.~~_/)~~~

Cheers

Geronimo
Expert

Post by Geronimo » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:21 am

Thx a lot for this detailed reply. Setting up a library wouldn't be a problem, but there's this awesome new granular sampler coming up called Borderlands, which seemingly, according to the website, will only import audio via iTunes, yet.

Other than that, it would be easy to use iTunes for audio file management, including samples.

Geronimo
Expert

Post by Geronimo » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:31 am

Here's a great video about Borderlands.

http://vimeo.com/40549597

donratto
Expert

Post by donratto » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:59 pm

Oh my goodness.

Geronimo
Expert

Post by Geronimo » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:37 pm

donratto wrote:Oh my goodness.
What exactly?

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:02 pm

Sorry I thought you needed to get audio into your iPad without the need for another computer. Your question regarding a new synth app would be better posted in that apps forum and they may have your answer. However, there is likely NO New Synth app being released that wouldnt allow you to interact with other audio apps as that would leave a big hole in thier feature list. It will likely be that this new synth app will include the Sonoma or Intura Pasteboard feature allowing you to copy your synth part into Auria. Auria is set up to acept audio from all compatible apps. I would wait till your new app is available then post any problems you might be experiencing as it relates to Auria. Cheers.

Geronimo
Expert

Post by Geronimo » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:13 am

Yeah thx. My iTunes question was a general one too, though :) But i guess there just will be no true file experience on the iPad, for the better or worse.