Is there a way to monitor mid side?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

bbb

Is there a way to monitor mid side?

Post by bbb » Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:39 pm

I just bought Auria, thinking that with the phase reverse I would be able to setup a mid side decoder for monitoring while recording. I have a bad feeling I should've researched more on this. I assumed the routing would be like a typical DAW. Is there anyway to split a track to another channel so I can phase reverse it, while panning the original to the other side?

I even tried recording the mid signal to two separate tracks, along with the mid signal, making a total of three tracks, but Auria will only let me record enable 2 tracks.

Of course, I can copy the mid track after the fact, and then phase reverse and pan, but that is not what I need. I need to decode m/s while recording.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Is there a way to monitor mid side?

Post by Rim » Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:57 am

Depending on the audio interface you have, you can easily record more than 2 tracks into Auria (up to 24 at once). The polarity switch in Auria is pre fader. If you have an idea for improving the routing in Auria to make this easier, please let me know. We take suggestions seriously.

Thanks,
Rim

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:15 am

Rim wrote:If you have an idea for improving the routing in Auria to make this easier, please let me know.
I've come across a few things I'd like to do in Auria that would require some additional routing functions.

-choose whether to apply the aux send pre or post fx
-route tracks to multiple buses simultaneously
-have the 2 aux channels on there own channel strip (like the buses) enabling you to add things like eq to the reverb and delay outputs only.
-be able to turn off unused bus channels to preserve screen real-estate

Mike

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:26 pm

Great suggestions, thanks. Some of these are already on our list for future updates.

Rim

Geronimo
Expert

Post by Geronimo » Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:41 pm

mtingle wrote: -have the 2 aux channels on there own channel strip (like the buses) enabling you to add things like eq to the reverb and delay outputs only.
I'll have that and some chocolate ice cream, por favor :).