Internal Mic Won't work and

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Steve White
Expert

Internal Mic Won't work and

Post by Steve White » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:09 pm

Hi

I can't get the internal mic to record. I want to tap out a beat for Drumagog. I record enabled a track, the internal is showing as blue. When I hit record, nothing. If I un mute a track or two it will record those which is what I wanted to do in the first place but when I record just the kick using Drumagog the new track is out of sync with the rest of the mix. It's weird or not?

I've already tried every latency setting and still exact same sync problem. So I won't even care that much if I can enable the internal mic to at least try out Drumagog that I just bought a few days ago.

Any ideas?

TY
Steve

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Internal Mic Won't work and

Post by Rim » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:30 am

When using the internal mic, you need to use headphones to be able to monitor. This is to prevent feedback that would occur with the Mic and Speaker active. Also, make sure your record monitor is enabled in Auria's settings. Make sure you turn up the gain control for that channel as well (tap and hold on the record enable button, then select record level). Then, use Drumagog's input and sensitivity controls to adjust to the proper signal.

Rim

Steve White
Expert

Post by Steve White » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:00 am

Hi Rim :)

I do have the phones hooked up and the track record enabled and the gain up but none of that worked. Those are all the things I have done already. Just take Drumagog out of the picture for a moment and go with I want to use the internal mic.

Could I be missing something? I also tried the internal mic with Garage Band to make sure it was working and I'm able to use it in GB.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:59 pm

Sounds like something simple is going on. Using the internal mix with Auria is easy:

1. Create a new project
2. Add one mono track
3. Press record enable on that track
4. Plug in the headphones
5. Make sure your iPad volume control is up (the buttons on the side of the iPad).

You should hear the mic and see levels on track 1's fader when you talk into the mic.

Rim

Dubhausdisco
Expert

Post by Dubhausdisco » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:36 am

Steve-
In addition to what Rim said, double check the input matrix and make sure nothing audio related is running in the background.
dubhausdisco

iPad 3
iOS 7.0.4
Akai EIE
Auria 1.14

Steve White
Expert

Post by Steve White » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:24 am

Hi there :)

Sorry I didn't back to you guys on this and thanks to both of you. I did get it to work. In the Matrix instead of clicking on the two LR buttons I just left the mic on one channel with those two circles not checked and I got it working.

TY

Steve