Solutions to selecting many regions

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

mtingle
Expert

Solutions to selecting many regions

Post by mtingle » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:23 am

When arranging it is quite often needed to move, shuffle, remove or duplicate a bunch of regions in one go. To do this you first need to select them. This can be a tedious task if you have many regions especially if they happen to be quite small. Here are a few suggestions that would help make this task easier.

1. You can use the highlight tool in an black space and you can make a lasso over multiple tracks. Include an option once the highlight tool has covered the regions to select those regions (turn them blue). This would be my number one suggestion as it uses the builtin tools already in Auria and simply extends their function (quite intuitively too).

2. Select a track, from the menu have a 'select all regions on this track' option.

3. Place loop markers between the section you wish to select. from the menu have an option to 'select all regions between loop markers'

4. Invert selection. Select a few region you don't want and then from the menu have an option to 'select the inverse', this makes all the unselected selected and the selected unselected.

5. include the select process in the undo chain. Many times I've almost got the end of selecting a large group of regions only to miss touch a region and reset the entire group back to being unselected and have to start again.

I guess there are more, but just implementing no.1 would make things a whole lot easier.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Solutions to selecting many regions

Post by Rim » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:30 am

Thanks, these are great suggestions!

Rim

offthesky
Expert

Re: Solutions to selecting many regions

Post by offthesky » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:35 pm

@mtingl: my thoughts exactly; after having spent 10+ minutes trying to select half all the regions in my song to make room for a new song-part, i completly +1 the need for more robust selection options!!! like a secondary selection sub menu within the edit menu? anyway having some of those selection options would really help make the whole song developing process within auria be so much more efficient(and less of a headache at times)

noise.offthesky.com