Send Wave file from Auria to Sonar?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Katladraken
Expert

Send Wave file from Auria to Sonar?

Post by Katladraken » Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:16 am

Hi there mighty forum.
Been using Auria since launch and i am loving it! Gonna use it to record my vocals, guitar & bass for our band´s next album.
Since the band members are spread across Sweden it will help us alot when it comes to recording. And the portability is just amazing, this will be the perfect fit for us.

Now here´s my question:

I have recorded guitars in Auria over a 2 channel mix that was sent to me via email and imported into Auria, i have used the THM Overloud plug for effects and i am happy with the result.
Now how can i transport this out from Auria as a wave file with the THM effecs intact? I Don´t want to send the guitar recording " naked " so to speak. My Auria recorded guitar will be mailed and
imported into Sonar on a PC into the " real project "

Will AFF keep the THM plug? Or should i simply mute the " background 2 channel song " in Auria and just use mixdown as Wave on my recorded guitar? The best thing would be to include the 2 channel background song so my producer can hear how my recorded guitar will be synced.

Keep up the good work.

Best regards

Daniel

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Send Wave file from Auria to Sonar?

Post by Rim » Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:01 am

Hi,

The AAF format doesn't support plug-ins, so I recommend bouncing your guitar track first, then export as an AAF. To bounce in Auria, you simply record enable a track, then in the input matrix, choose LR as the input. Solo just the guitar track, and press Record/Play.

Rim

Katladraken
Expert

Post by Katladraken » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:49 pm

Thanks Rim!
I didn´t know about that option, i will give it a try.

/ Kat

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:14 am

Thanks for describing the bounce down proceedure. I will use that.