AURIA Tips & Tricks

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

martygras
Expert

Re: AURIA Tips & Tricks

Post by martygras » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:54 am

I just tried freezing a track with an external IAA effect Mobile Convolution Reverb, and it froze very nicely. So it works, at least in most cases.
Marty Schulte [I'm a drummer. So, there's that.]
iPad AIR(128), Akai EIE, Akai EWI USB, illudium q-36 explosive space modulator
Head First Audio (live sound for Southern Oregon, USA)

Steve Schiavi

Post by Steve Schiavi » Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:01 pm

Jus wrote:Stereo enhancer trik

Most effective on acoustic or rock rhythm Guitar
(Sorry if this is been done )

Say you record a guitar track in mono
Duplicate it and make a new track
So you should have two separate tracks of the same recording

Right now move one region about 30ms behind or forward of the other one it don't matter which way , say the original region ( you may need to expand /stretch the edit screen to do this
Now pan each track hard left & right you should hear a nice stereo guitar like you hear on the pro recordings 8)

Note: I say 30 ms it could be 300ms not that good with figures you need to experiment :mrgreen:
Hope this helps some1 somewhere will be happy :D
I've used a similar process to "thicken" vocals and instrument tracks. On the CD Native American Meditations which I recorded, engineered and co-produced, there's a singing part (most of it is spoken word) near the very beginning. The track is called "Lakota Woman's Honoring Song". I recorded Nylah's voice once and duplicated it on 6 more tracks with about a 300 ms delay between each track. It's similar to a chorus effect - it thickens the vocal and "hints" at multiple singers.
As an interesting side-note, there is no music for this song. Traditionally it's sung acapella accompanied by a hand drum. While mixing the track, I literally heard the music in my head that ended up on the song. I had to tune my keyboard to her voice; traditional people don't know anything about singing "on key". Turned out pretty well. I think the CD is still available on Amazon. If not, it's available from New World Music.

Jazzooka

Consistent sync with IAA : try Audioshare

Post by Jazzooka » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:28 am

Hi all,

Been trying to wrap my head around accurate sync or lack thereof with some 3rd party apps playing loops and being recorded in Auria, both through Audiobus and IAA.

Although I love Audiobus, it does not trigger the input app when recording with Auria in the output slot, unless somebody has a trick...

( Almost ) Consistent sync : Audioshare !

Let's say you have a loop made with Patterning, iMaschine 2, Seekbeats, DM-1, iPolysix...or any other sequence app, chances will be that one of those apps, through IAA, won't sync at the exact starting point of recording, or at all, in Auria.

Rather then painstakingly having to re-trim your recordings in Auria :
* open Audioshare
* hit record button down left
* select your sequence app as an IAA source
* switch to that app
* hit the IAA record on that app, then hit stop when sequence is over
* import the audio file through Edit Menu/Share/Import from Audioshare
Done !

I don't know why or how, but with most sequencer/arp apps I have, the accuracy of IAA within Audioshare is higher than other apps

Maybe AU format will solve all those sync issues? Until then, it is the most reliable & fastest workaround I found

Best

J

Urbanimages

Auria Pro DEMO SONG

Post by Urbanimages » Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:11 pm

Is there any way other that reinstalling Auria Pro, to get the MIDI note demo that installs with Auria Pro (I deleted it now I want it back)

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:10 pm

Unfortunately, that's the only way to get it back at the moment. Eventually, we'll add it to the free Demo Song downloads in the store, but I haven't gotten to it yet.

Rim

Cyril777
Expert

MCU/HUI controller mapping : how to ?

Post by Cyril777 » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:31 am

Hi,
so far, when it comes to midi controller and Auria, I kept things very simple : a KORG NanoKontrol 2, because of its MCU/HUI compatibility. I recently bought a BeatStep Pro, and I was surprised to discover that it's totally compatible with the MCU/HUI midi protocol. But I have a very hard time mapping the BeatStep Pro in order to control Auria's parameters.
So, if someone is using the BeatStep Pro as a midi controller for Auria, or if your are familiar with this MCU/HUI protocol, I would really appreciate if I could benefit from your experience.
Thank you for your help !

ErrkaPetti
Expert

Post by ErrkaPetti » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:21 am

Today I discovered something interesting concerning Auria Pro 2.06...

I have two instances of Auria Pro on my iPad Pro 12.9", one upgraded Auria (to Pro version) and one bought as Auria Pro...

I discovered that I can run both simultaneously on my iPad Pro...

As a test I run both thru Audiobus and did a mixdown of a track from the first Auria Pro into a audiotrack in the other Auria Pro... Great result!

What's good with that? I don't know, but, some perhaps could see any advantage of the possibility to run them both at the same time?

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:02 am

Learn to seperate the different jobs one has while working in an audio project. First there is the artist so you create and produce a song. Next there is the engineer who will mix it and finally the mastering guy. Ok all these take different amounts of time and effort. You can't rush through an edit or mix as you wouldn't rush through the production of the track either. Every step has in the past had a separate person to do those jobs. Today with mixing and recording in the box and affordability, people are doing all this themselves. So the request that are received for the ability to do things faster is counter productive. Mixing and engineering is something that takes time and you should be willing to give it that time it needs. Rushing through a mix makes no sense at all. Some call this work flow but I think its getting too far to call it that anymore. Yes I don't think a daw should slow you down much but if an editing procedure is taking forever it is likely that the track was not recorded properly or the performance wasn't really what you wanted so now it needs hrs and hrs of change. Heres the tip.. Work out your tracks before laying them down. Have a clear vision of what it should sound like. Take some test audio and see what it sounds like before you record the whole track. Try different settings and know the arrangement before hand. Too many electronic artists who just piece together patterns and loops should not really be asking for speed as their already working with speed as this is mostly just cut copy and paste. The real hard work is in the performance and the final mix. These two should be your main focus and you should spend all the time that you can on nailing this. Remember that most artists create only one album a year, they don't spit these out like candy or at least not the ones that produce great albums. Try writing and producing just one album in six months and you will see and hear the difference. Yes some albums have been recorded in a day but that album wasn't written, mixed and produced and mastered in a day.

mididrum
Expert

Post by mididrum » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:31 am

Best SAVE TIP
SAVE Files or FULL project (only!)FOLDERS (when ipad lightning input is vailable!) TO SAN DISK 128 gigas
THEN YOU can erase original PROJECTS folders (NOT the AURIA all DATAS :GOG,GROOVES,templates,IR FILES,LOOPS,PRESETS,SAMPLER INSTRUMENTS,TEMPLATES,needed TO KEEP PERMANENT TOOLS IN AURIA!)
then you can and get folders back : safe ,easy and FASTER than from dropbox uploads/downloads

AURIA (ipad!) MEMORY LOAD savings :
SAME for mixdown wave kept useless DOUBLE in Auria browser :anyway ALREADY sent to AUDIOSHARE.BUT it's always useful to save last mixer of Master mixdown as "snap shot" in case you'll change your (the Master!)
use of SAN DISK saves life for ANY IPAD =always SHORT MEMORY MINDED (unless you get the 520 gigas ipad Pro)
ALSO:
ALWAYS BEFORE SAVING a song project and shutting AURIA ( check it BEFORE transfering projects to san disk) :think about CONDENSING (uneeded takes or erased rec!) REGION (waves page EDIT )
doing so Surprise: you Will SAVE an amazing amount of iPad (AURIA LOAD) memory + TIME on transfers

alarawany

Post by alarawany » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:24 am

thanks a lot for this great post....
Graduated from Soran University with First Class Degree with Honours in Computer Science

Dylan Bob

808 Lyra Keyboard/Piano Roll Keyboard

Post by Dylan Bob » Thu May 03, 2018 5:27 pm

Hello'

Hoping someone could help me figure this one out. I would like the ability to play an 808 style Bass/Kick with the Lyra/Piano Roll keyboard so the sounds are the tune of the keys played ?

My original thought was upload an 808 Sample however how would I get the right tuning for the keys played?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers