Onsong and Auria simultaneous use

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

fretbuzz

Onsong and Auria simultaneous use

Post by fretbuzz » Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:33 pm

I searched for this but never found an answer.

So I use Onsong http://Onsongapp.com a lot due to the fact that I play tons of songs that I have no idea how they go. I would love to be able to use auria to record my vox and gtr while performing. Is this possible with iOS?

Foster
Expert

Re: Onsong and Auria simultaneous use

Post by Foster » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:59 pm

Yes it works. I have done this. Auria will continue to record when Onsong is open.

malcover

Post by malcover » Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:52 pm

it works fine for a few minutes then auiria crashes and stops recording

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:55 pm

If Auria crashes, I'd like to know more about what happens. Typically, Auria doesn't crash, but is forced closed by iOS when you're close to running out of memory. In rare cases, it could actually crash due to some bug that still needs to be fixed, but that's a pretty rare occurrence. Did you have any other apps open at the time it crashed (even apps like Safari)?

Rim

tak523

Post by tak523 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:44 am

Can someone explain how you use onsong and auria together? I have both and have wondered about using them together as well. Is there any way to use the plugins in auria while playing live and also while using onsong? For example, use auria to help my sound, and possibly record, at the same time use onsong for the lyrics and chords. I know I'm asking a lot but would be awesome to use these plug ins live.

Budboy

Post by Budboy » Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:24 pm

I'm a beta tester for onsong and was having some issues using both apps as well. I have not been able to figure out why but auria would crash or stop recording in the background. I would have to force quit auria then once I restarted I would have to reset the record in background option. Once I did that it would work ok for a while but it would eventually happen again and I would have to repeat the process.

It seems switching back and forth between the apps would cause the glitch. I was using an apogee one as a recording interface.