Why no MIDI in Auria? Cheaper apps are offering more!

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

dominicperry
Expert

Re: Why no MIDI in Auria? Cheaper apps are offering more!

Post by dominicperry » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:27 am

Nobody should ever buy an app based on functionality is doesn't have. Getting upset about a feature which exists but doesn't work is completely different from getting upset about a feature which you think it should have.

Developers are put under pressure endlessly by whingers who want everything, right now, and preferably for free. I get sick of hearing the whinging.

If Wavemachine Labs promised Midi, then they will, based on their performance so far, get round to doing Midi. And it will be good. But you don't have a contract with them for it. You paid for what you got. You didin't pay for a future feature, on a particular date. If you think you did, you are mistaken.

At the moment Auria does what it does better than anything else available.

Personally, I'd rather have Auria doing what it does well now, rather than do a whole bunch of things (drums, synths, loops, guitar FX, midi recording, audio recording, mastering, distribution etc etc) badly. There are other apps for those things. Stop whining and make some music.

Dominic

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:05 am

xcsorg wrote:Im sure at some point there will be midi -

But lets be honest - i bought this app thinking 'they will release midi support soon with software instruments' - But there is no sign of it. - Soooo im afraid the only option is jumping ship. Im sure Auria and other recording apps will be pressured into adding more features as more apps are released as people will go elsewhere... At the end of the day - ive paid for Auria so, i dont think its unfair or 'against' forum policy's to mention another app which at first glance, would seem better for MIDI + AUDIO needs... - Google 'Cubasis' - by Steinberg - Steinberg have released a 'Cubase' for the iPad - which is a FULLY FUNCTIONAL portable studio app.

^ Auria is a great app! it definitely has its advantages but it will be interesting to see how it compares with Cubasis...
I already own Cubasis and it doesn't fit your requests other than it has midi instruments and audio recording. It does NOT support multi inputs or outputs. Has the worst FX I've heard on any app yet and I'm surprised Steinberg did that. So for just bare bones tracks and some midi you can get a basic iPad Daw like FL Studio for built in audio and instruments or Music Studio that offers the same but since I own these as well I feel they are mostly usable toys and I would never record anything too serious with them especially attempt to mix and master in it. Like everyone hear is saying Auria does what it was said to do. The rest is a Wish list. And this forum was set up to help Auria users and to encourage new users to use Auria not put down what Auria doesn't have or doesn't have what you want. There are dozens of very nice sounding synths,drums ect on the App Store to import into Auria for mixing and mastering. Have you even done a mix on Auria yet? If you have you already know you can't do without Auria if your at all serious about recording professionally into your iPad. This forum is for information that helps users not arguing personal points of view on which platform is best for the iPad. On this forum Auria is the platform of choice and you'll probably get a good fight on here if you try to convince us otherwise. Post your Auria tracks on the forum cause what a recording artist is about is simply the music the rest is just talk.

CEIsar
Expert

Post by CEIsar » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:51 pm

xcsorg wrote:'Cubase' for the iPad - which is a FULLY FUNCTIONAL portable ...
ehm,no.Just a 2-band eq,16 Bit only and no automation is not really"fully functional"to me.At this point cubasis is more of a toy or an expensive sketchpad compared to auria.Although it has potential.
iPad Air 2 - WiFI - 128GB - iOS 9.1 - Auria Pro 2.01 - Roland Duo Capture EX

KeniPad
Expert

Post by KeniPad » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:34 am

I will patiently wait for MIDI and Audiobus support for Auria. In the meantime, if I need synths, I can always audio copy and paste from the other wonderful apps that I use. No one app does everything. :D

kwalker0210
Expert

Post by kwalker0210 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:43 am

Auria may not have midi, but it does have WIST, which allows me to sync my iPod with my iPad. As a result, I can compose using apps like Synthstation, Figure, ReBirth, NL Midi Synth and record the audio into Auria, and have every track recorded in sync with Auria. That feature is available right now.

Hybridkid

Post by Hybridkid » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:46 pm

This app is amazing...realize how great it is to have so much at your disposal for very affordable pricing with continuing support and transparency. Honestly, midi is nice but i like what can be done already with audiobus.... Its easy to audiocopy and paste if needed. Why more virtual instrument ? That will most likely ballon the cost of this app and I think it does most of what it needs to as intended. :mrgreen:

KeniPad
Expert

Post by KeniPad » Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:19 am

Audiobus can make wonderful options. I did buy Cubasis and MusicStudio and now it's possible for the apps to interact with each other via Audiobus. I would rather think outside the box and figure out how to make it all work than bitch about no MIDI in Auria. And I believe they all will only get better. I recorded MusicStudio into Auria via Audiobus with wonderful results. It's all new and exciting. So enjoy the creative ride!

acaonweb
Expert

Post by acaonweb » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:14 am

i think Auria was born for multitrack recording and live performance...
in a workflow is at the end end do his job great!
I usually write my song with Nanostudio, and mix all in Auria...
And if i need other sound i've audiobus so i can use animoog, sunrizer and many other...
really we need midi with softsinth to buy in-app purchase and then but the newest ipad to have the right power?

Well, i prefer a midi integration with midi to control using the right ipad midi interface external device, changing patch, bpm sync, maybe play notes or change parameters....

just my 2 cents.
iPad Air Pro 11 iOS 16.3 WiFi 512 Giga, Scarlett Focusrite 18i8
http://mustek.bandcamp.com