Can't mixdown using locators

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

supanorton
Expert

Can't mixdown using locators

Post by supanorton » Wed Aug 15, 2012 4:38 pm

I am unable to select the "Locator Range" option in the mixdown window. I've tried it on all my projects and the demo that came with the app. I tried this feature a few days ago and was only able to get a nano second of audio (mp3) uploaded to SoundCloud. I've tried it before setting locators and after setting locators. I've tried mp3 and .wav to no avail.

I was using auto punch yesterday, don't know if that has anything to do with it.

EDIT: I figured it out. It's working fine.

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Can't mixdown using locators

Post by Rim » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:24 pm

You just need to set the locators first. Otherwise, this option won't be available.

Rim

Skyhighrocks

Post by Skyhighrocks » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:23 pm

I've been having the same issue with this. I do have locators set but the option to mix just within the locators range is greyed out no matter what I try to do. I end up having to mix the entire song and then chop it up in other programs. Is this possibly a bug?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:36 pm

We've tried it here and it works fine. Are you sure you're setting the locators, and not markers, or a highlight? You should see a blue section in the editor where the locators are set.

Rim

Zygor

Post by Zygor » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:48 pm

Same problem here! I record band practice as one long song and need to pull a stack of regions out as individual mp3's for the guys. But under Mixdown, (Selection Range) Locator Range is not available to me. I-pad doesn't have the memory to copy the whole session over and over, and then delete "all other regions not a part of one song".
Gotta be a better way. Someone suggested snapshots somewhere....that's not gonna get it!

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:58 pm

When you say link locators is not available to you, do you mean it's not possible to select that option? Is the option greyed out? Or are you able to choose it?

Rim