Move to Front/Back question

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Navpack
Expert

Move to Front/Back question

Post by Navpack » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:30 am

As an example for this question - I'll take three clips; A, B, C in that order on the same track with overlapping handles. The end of clip A overlays B, and the beginning of C overlays the end of B (Clip B is lowest on the stack). However, when I shift clip B, either to adjust timing or adjust a clip trim, that clip B then moves to the top of the stack.

This has caught me several times, where I'll make an overlapping clip edit, then adjust something on the later clip only to find the earlier edit stack has changed. Since realizing this I've been making any clip overlays short and then crossfading.

Any possible change to how clips stack, and making changes to the order of the stack? Ideally, only changing the stack order on the end I am working on would be best, or don't change anything at all and having a 'move to front/back' function.

I trust this abstract example and question makes sense.

Regards,
Phil

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Move to Front/Back question

Post by Rim » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:19 am

When moving a region in Auria, it always brings the region you're working with to the front. This is useful for pulling out a buried region, and moving it to the front. If you simply want to move a region without changing it's order, the only solution currently is to move it, then click on the other region to reset it's order the way you want.

If there's a way you'd rather see this functionality, let me know.

Thanks
Rim

Navpack
Expert

Re: Move to Front/Back question

Post by Navpack » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:26 am

Thanks Rim. It's just something to be aware of when editing. I agree, it is easy to pull out a buried clip to the top of the stack. I'd like to do some more editing and see if an alternative comes to mind. Off the top of my head I'd like a mode where the clips stay in their stack order, but I don't know if that is practical in use.

Phil.