Audio out of sync

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

mtingle
Expert

Audio out of sync

Post by mtingle » Sun Aug 12, 2012 9:31 am

Since the last update when playing back in the edit window the audio being heard, the play head and the regions do not match. What is being heard is about 2-4 bars ahead of what is on the screen. This makes editing extremely difficult.

It happens on all the songs I've opened (plus brand new ones) since the last update. Sometimes zooming in and then back out again will sync things again, but not very often.

44.1 kHz - iPad 2

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Audio out of sync

Post by Rim » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:12 am

It's unlikely that this happened since the last update, as nothing in the editor was really changed. Can you describe a little more how this is happening? It works fine for me here.

For example, are you using looping? How far in do you have the tracks zoomed? Please let me know step by step how to duplicate this, as I press play on the transport here, and it's in perfect sync for me.

Thanks,
Rim

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:11 pm

I've briefly tried to make it happen with the demo song but no luck.

The project I'm working on has 2 tracks at 115bpm in 4/4 time in loop mode with no auto-scroll. (it happens on all my other songs too).

While the track is playing I tap the timeline at the place I want the play head to play from and quite often it will be either before or ahead by anything upto a bar from the music being heard. It seems to happen more when I'm zoomed out some.

No other apps are open and I've got app background mode turned on. Latency 256 samples.

It did happen a little before the upgrade but I've really noticed it after the upgrade.

When the play head is out of sync with the audio it makes it very difficult to make edits.

Sorry I can't help more, perhaps someone else having the same issue can add extra details.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:28 pm

OK, thanks. That helps a lot. There must be a problem with tapping the cursor to a new position while it's playing and in loop mode. I'll look into this.

Thanks again for the extra info.

Rim

Androcid

Post by Androcid » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:21 am

This happened here too after the update

IPad2, ios5, 9 track song 98bpm no background audio, mostly frozen tracks but some running psp strip, the simple reverb and proQ eq.