Convolution Reverb Bug?

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

dbgrass

Convolution Reverb Bug?

Post by dbgrass » Thu Aug 09, 2012 7:10 pm

Hi

I downloaded the new revision today, and found that the previous bug regarding the convolution reverb still seems to persist. It has been fixed only partially. When a "saved" file is recalled, the correct convolution reverb comes up. However, the audio of the reverb still only appears on the left channel. So to get a session going the reverb has to be completely reset.

Hope this helps.

Dave

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Convolution Reverb Bug?

Post by Rim » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:46 pm

Thanks, I'll add this to the list to investigate. Can you please tell me more info about this:

- Does this happen only in channel inserts, or on aux sends (or subgroup inserts)
- Which convolution reverb plug-in does this happen to? Mono, Stereo, or Mono to Stereo

Thanks,
Rim

dbgrass

Post by dbgrass » Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:36 pm

Hi Rim,

This happens on Aux Fx ( last fader on the right ). The setting is Full Plate and it is stereo. I haven't checked the inserts yet. Hope this helps zero in on the anomaly.

Dave

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:37 pm

OK, thanks. That helps. Please let me know if you can get this to happen on the channel inserts as well (with the mono, mono to stereo or stereo versions of the conv. reverb).

Thanks,
Rim

jukeboxjoe
Expert

Post by jukeboxjoe » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:39 pm

FWIW I also hear this behavior with the Vocal Plate preset, and only when using in the AUX channel. Using it as an insert seems to work fine.

robdean
Expert

Post by robdean » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:57 am

I too am experiencing convolution reverb aux return working on left channel only whenever the app is started and a saved project loaded. I have not come across the problem in any configuration other than the convolution reverb being used as a stereo aux effect, but when I use it as such I get this problem every single time.

Reloading the project does not fix the problem: however if I remove the aux effect then reload the convolution reverb then reload the preset it is then OK.

I'd have reported this sooner but knew that v1.03 was already in for approval and waited (longer than I anticipated!) to see if that resolved the issue.
iPad v3, 32Gb WiFi, iOS 5.1.1
Latest iOS - iPad Air 2019 256Gb WiFi - Alesis iO4

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:00 am

Rob,

Thanks, I'll add it to the list for 1.04

Thanks,
Rim

robdean
Expert

Post by robdean » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:36 am

Brilliant, Rim, thank you. It's great to have y'all so involved with this forum. It may seem an obviously good idea to be engaged with it but I use some apps whose developers seldom show their faces in the forums.
Latest iOS - iPad Air 2019 256Gb WiFi - Alesis iO4