New update issue

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Re: New update issue

Post by Rim » Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:43 am

Yes, you're right, This is a new bug (caused by some changes to accommodate iOS6). If you rotate back and forth after seeing this issue, it will correctly display.

Thanks for finding this.

Rim

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:54 am

Since the bug allows you to go into the editor window in portrait mode it got me wondering if it would be possible to actually have a proper portrait mode even for the editor somewhere down the road? Definatly not something that needs any prioritizing, but sometimes editing while holding the iPad in portrait mode is easier. Just a thought!

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:09 pm

Not likely, as editing in portrait mode is not very productive (we've tested this for a while and decided to lock editing to landscape).

Rim

amonglights
Expert

Post by amonglights » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:25 am

I'm not sure if this was a major issue before the update, but when I freeze a track the entire track gets screwy. The regions don't change but I'll get things like white noise, sounds from other tracks, etc. I'll get sounds on the track when no regions are even there (I've soloed it to verify the source of the noise). If I close the app and reopen (force close or not) sometimes the problem is resolved, sometimes it's not. 9/10 times though, something will go wrong when freezing tracks. iPad 3 64GB. Thanks, guys!

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:05 am

That's very odd. I thought I had fixed all the issues with freezing. If you can tell me exactly how to duplicate this, it'll help me figure out what's causing it in your case. Please start from a clean project, and tell me step by step how to get it to happen.

Thanks for your help!
Rim

amonglights
Expert

Post by amonglights » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:13 am

This project is fairly new, but I'll see what I can do. All I do is freeze the track and the track is messed up until I unfreeze it. Maybe I should delete and reinstall the app. Is there a simple way to backup my projects?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:43 am

I'd really appreciate it if you could help isolate where the problem is. Bugs are sometimes hard to find, and require a very specific setup. For example, your particular project might have the right "magic" combination of stereo/mono, or a particular plug-in loaded on that track that's causing problems. If you can try and determine what makes it happen, it would really help me to fix it.

Thanks,
Rim

amonglights
Expert

Post by amonglights » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:49 am

Understood. Thanks, Rim!

amonglights
Expert

Post by amonglights » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:36 am

Okay, it's definitely not following a new project. On the project with the issue, it doesn't matter what effects are in the channel strip. I'm using Convolution and Pro-Q. Bypass the channelstrip or not, disable the effects or not, different orders... nothing seems to cause it to happen more often or prevent it. Sometimes it will happen, sometimes it won't. No pattern at this point.

...later that morning...

After messing with it and trying different combinations and opening different projects, etc, the issue seems to have resolved itself with that project. Maybe there were some corrupt frozen tracks that were cleared after reopening or something (isn't the clearing of unused audio a new feature of this update?). That's my I've-not-seen-the-source-code-for-this-app theory... anyway, I can't get it to happen now! WOO HOO! Let's hope it stays that way. May just need to delete that project and start anew or something if it happens again. I'll keep you posted.
Last edited by amonglights on Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:16 am

OK, thanks. Please let me know if you see a pattern.

Rim

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:10 pm

I am currently into a 20 track project with not many issues. I try to record dry then mix with FX but if I want to start a sub mix to sweeten up the headphone mix so as to make it sound nicer to lay down tracks to, I just freeze the FX and the cpu comes way down to the safe area so all is working fine. Lovin the ProQ and ThM Overloud plug-ins as well as the rest of them. I noticed some are complaining that some FX are coming out of just the left side. I too acidently did this when I choose a Stereo FX in a Mono channel, the result was that it played from the left channel but I quickly fixed the problem by correctly choosing the mono FX for the mono channel and the channel and FX performed well. Maybe some of you might have been doing this too. Only apply a stereo FX to a Stereo track and mono fX to a mono channel. This will result in a proper sound and is how it is done on a pro board. Cheers.

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:47 am

There's a minor bug with the ProQ preset browser (the one on the plug itself) where there's a bunch of presets outside the list and the only way is to use the arrows to get to em. Not a deal breaker exactly, just thought I would mention it.

jar1807

Post by jar1807 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:34 am

I have significant stability issues i. e. "CPU Overload" when trying to record using ANY FX but, yes Convo Reverb is the worst. I have 4 tracks set up but, only using two. "Karoke" Music on track 1 and attempting to record my lead vocals over track 1 music using track 2. Maybe there is a way but, I haven't learned it yet.I have used another software package prior to Auria doing exactly what I described including using FX during recording and turned out some fine recordings now on Sound Cloud. But, Auria is vastly superior and has even better sound, if I could only hear myself with FX during a recording session. Recording dry and then adding FX is difficult to my ear at this point.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:56 pm

It really depends on the iPad model you have. An iPad 4 should have no problem monitoring effects while recording (except convolution reverb). Some other things to try: make sure you have 64 bit mixer disabled in Auria's settings, disable aux delay compensation, and always use a 44100 sample rate.

Rim

BlackBox
Expert

Post by BlackBox » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:25 am

I'm getting freezing issues and CPU overload warnings when all BG apps are closed and I'm only running one plugin. The freezing is just that. It freezes up and then crashes back to my home screen and when I try to restart it it crashes again and I have to close out the app in order to get into it. This is happening quite a bit