Crashing on mix down

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Tribal544

Crashing on mix down

Post by Tribal544 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:35 pm

I purchased auria about 2 weeks ago, everything working great until today. When I try to create a mix down, the app crashes and does not create the mix down. Anyone else having this issue, or does anyone know what I can do to resolve this?

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Crashing on mix down

Post by Rim » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:00 am

The most common cause of an unexplained crash happens because your iPad shuts Auria down due to low memory. To avoid this, make sure that all your background apps are closed (double click on the home button and tap/hold on each icon you see to close them).

Also, try closing Auria the same way. To do this, make sure Auria is not showing on the screen by pressing the home button once. Then, double-tap on the home button again, and close Auria in that list. You'll know that you've successfully closed Auria if you see the opening Auria logo when you start it.

Often times, even Safari and App Store will take considerable amount of memory, so make sure all apps are closed, including those.

You didn't mention which iPad model you owned, but an iPad 1 has the least amount of memory, and will run into this more often. The iPad 3 has the most (1GB).

Rim

Tribal544

Post by Tribal544 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:49 am

Sorry, I have an iPad 2 , and I have closed down all apps exactly the way you have described, including auria. Also I have completely shutdown the iPad itself after closing out all apps. After restart I open auria, and try to do a mix down to mp3. The mix down progress bar starts and as soon as the the bar competes, auria just shuts down.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Aug 07, 2012 7:58 am

OK, in this case, please send me your project, so I can reproduce it here. It's possible there's something unique about your project that's causing a crash. You can zip up the project and send it to rim @ drumagog (dot com).

Thanks,
Rim