Cut off a beginning section of a wav

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Steve White
Expert

Cut off a beginning section of a wav

Post by Steve White » Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:36 pm

Hi there :)

Hey I have a wav file that I imported to Auria and it's like maybe a second or two off. So I tried to cut a little off the start of the track and I can't figure out how to do it. I can get the track to turn red, I can separate it and I can move the whole track. The other way I tried was highlighting the section and then clicking on cut in the menu but that cuts everything but the very start.

I know it's something simple so I await your reply and thank you, I'm having fun.

Steve

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Cut off a beginning section of a wav

Post by Rim » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:31 pm

Steve,

Welcome! What you need to do is tap and hold near the bottom corners of the region. Once you see the large arrow appear, you simply drag left or right to trim the region. It might help to zoom in vertically (and/or horizontally) to make the region larger and easier to see the corners. You don't need to tap the exact corner - anywhere close on the inside is good.

Rim

Steve White
Expert

Re: Cut off a beginning section of a wav

Post by Steve White » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:02 pm

Ah thanks Rim, I was clicking at the top. Thanks I knew it would be an easy one. I'm not new to recording but very new to Auria but I'm liking what I hear so far.

Thanks man.

Steve