Airplay

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Iammane

Airplay

Post by Iammane » Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:56 am

I know this isn't a priority at all, and it really shouldn't be... but any chance of airplay inclusion in the future? I know the latency is going to be horrendous, but I like to listen to mixes in my car as well as on bluetooth headphones I have.

If this is already included and I missed something let me know, thanks!! Looking forward to the future of this awesome app, very incredible what we're able to accomplish on such a portable device

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Airplay

Post by Rim » Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:10 am

Airplay using an Apple TV should work in mirroring mode (just doubletap on the home button while Auria is loaded, and you should see the Airplay icon in the bottom bar). Make sure your Apple TV is connected. I haven't tested this with an Airport or other Airplay devices.

We noticed a lot of dropouts when using Auria with AppleTV. We're probably taxing the audio system too much.

Bluetooth support is currently not possible, as Apple doesn't yet support this with apps that use input and output simultaneously, like Auria.

Rim

Iammane

Post by Iammane » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:25 am

Cool, fair enough. Crossing my fingers it's on Apple's IOS6 list haha. Can live without it really, would just be like the stem on the cherry on top :wink:

ChrisG
Expert

Post by ChrisG » Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:04 pm

Would it be possible to implement AirPlay without the mirroring ala GarageBand? In mirroring mode the iPad have to encode a video stream so that will obviously eat some resources. But only audio tho?

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:03 am

GarageBand has an option that switches the app into a playback only mode, allowing bluetooth and airplay. We decided against such a mode, as it's an inconvenience to go to the settings page to do this, and it's possible to forget that it's on and be unable to record.

We're going to hang tight and see what iOS6 will offer before implementing this kind of mode.

Rim

tomq

Post by tomq » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:10 pm

Hi,
I am using an iPad3 and am unable to get Arium to output to Airport Express. I have chosen the Airport Express with the blue Airplay button. When I use the Music app to play, the Music app does play out correctly to the Airport Express. How do I get Arium to output to Airport Express? Or is that not possible?
Thanks, Tom

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:34 pm

That's not possible (yet). Auria demands so much from the system that using Airplay usually results in dropouts. At some point in the future we'll revisit it if Apple has made some improvements.

Rim

dominicperry
Expert

Post by dominicperry » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:54 pm

Airplay has a 2 second delay built into the spec by Apple, so I've no idea how you could use it for editing or mixing anyway.

Dominic

tomq

Post by tomq » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:24 pm

OK. Thank you for your replies.
Tom