Looks like Alesis io dock is best

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

knocksquared

Looks like Alesis io dock is best

Post by knocksquared » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:02 am

Unless I am mistaken (which is very possible) it seems the Alesis io dock is the best choice. Simply because it seems to be the only audio interface that will charge the
ipad while using Auria. I am using the scarlett 8i6 (with a powered hub) and its cool...but having to stop my session to recharge ipad is not too good.

Thoughts?

Foster
Expert

Re: Looks like Alesis io dock is best

Post by Foster » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:27 am

You are totally mistaken. If all you ever do is 2 tracks at once then the alesis is for you. One of the big advantages of auria is the ability to record a lot of simultaneous tracks, 18 at once if not more. There are plenty of apps that do 2 at a time. So with just the alesis you probably could have settled for a different app and saved some money.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:20 am

It all depends on what you need to do. If you're just recording 2 channels at once, the iO Dock is great (has it's own power, powers the iPad, no hub needed), but if you need more inputs (like 16+ if you're recoding a whole band), there are other great interfaces available.

Rim

supanorton
Expert

Post by supanorton » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:41 am

I don't think you've wasted money. Even if you're recording one track at a time (which is what I'm doing), the editing, mixing, and mastering capabilities are beyond anything I've seen on iOS. Plus, it's a lot of fun!

knocksquared

Post by knocksquared » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:19 pm

Foster wrote:You are totally mistaken. If all you ever do is 2 tracks at once then the alesis is for you. One of the big advantages of auria is the ability to record a lot of simultaneous tracks, 18 at once if not more. There are plenty of apps that do 2 at a time. So with just the alesis you probably could have settled for a different app and saved some money.
LOL..nah... I absolutely do NOT want another app... the Auria is beyond anything that's out. You are right ..I dont need to record more than 2 tracks at a time...but how do you get around the situation where the Ipad is not being charged while working when using every interface (except Alesis) Personally I stay in the mix for HOURS....so this is something that kinda bothers me.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:22 pm

Leave the iPad plugged into it's charging cable while you're mixing, and only swap to your USB cable when you want to do actual recording.

Just an idea.

Rim

donratto
Expert

Post by donratto » Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:25 am