Drumagog in Auria

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Rim
Site Admin

Re: Drumagog in Auria

Post by Rim » Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:33 am

You're right, iTunes file sharing doesn't support folders, but we got around that limitation by allowing zip files. So, to add a Gog Files folder into Auria,

1. Create a Gog Files folder on your computer. Make sure the capitalization is correct (capital G and F).
2. Inside this folder, add other sub-folders with gog files in them. Drumagog will only show gog files that are within folders inside Gog Files.
3. zip this Gog Files folder.
4. Copy the zip into Auria using iTunes.

When Auria sees this zip file, it will automatically unzip it. Then, open Drumagog (remove it if you already had it loaded). You'll see the new gog files.

Rim

vezinho
Expert

Post by vezinho » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:04 pm

Hi Rim,

Thanks a lot for your rapid answer and your Precise description of the procedure!!
Everything worked perfectly.
Maybe I missed something but it should be put in a sticky post !

Thanks a lot again !

Amicalement
Hervé

WillWest

Post by WillWest » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:11 pm

So just to be certain before I purchase Drumagog 5, I can create my individual drum parts in Garage Band, audio copy/paste them into Auria and say for the snare, choose Drumagog from the track effects list the snare is on and choose a snare I want to replace it with? Or is there something else regarding accessing a Gog folder? I lost the thread of the conversation once I read that part.

Thanks in advance.

Will.

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:53 pm

sounds about right Will, it works as you'd expect.

swavek

Post by swavek » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:05 am

at the risk of it being the dumbest question ever - is there a FAQ/instructions on how to use Drumagog in Auria? or at least - how/where to find it to start with? Auria manual does indeed discuss how to use it (Drumagog, that is) - but not how to launch it!

(I tried this forum's search, but it got me nowhere - the words "dromagog" "auria" and "in" appear to be too common for search to search for them !).

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:13 am

Drumagog is a plug-in in Auria, so to launch it, you press the Fx button on the track you want to put Drumagog on, then, in the Channelstrip that opens, select Drumagog in one of the little pull-down boxes to the right (these are insert selectors, allowing you to add up to four plugins as inserts per track).

After you close Drumagog, you can re-open the window by pressing the "e" next to the insert selector. This opens Drumagog's editor again.

Hope this helps.

Rim

swavek

Post by swavek » Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:42 pm

Thanks, Rim, it sure helps, I now know where to look for it, however - it's not there (I only have 4 Reverbs, 4 PSP's and 2 ReTunes), so my next question is this: each time I update Auria, do I need to restore my purchase(s) (which, in case of Drumagog, is some 500MB or so, if I remember correctly) ?

Oh, and also: when I back up, and then restore, my iPad, will all the plug-ins be there too, or they'll need to be restored from inside the app?

cheers
swavek

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:40 pm

Usually, there's no need to restore your purchases when upgrading, but 1.05 did require this, as I made some changes to the code that handle IAP. So if you press that button you should get Drumagog back.

Rim