The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

bash

Re: The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

Post by bash » Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:13 am

I would rejoice if I could control a live mix with Auria via two iPads, one on stage with the interface and PA mirrored and controllable by one I could walk out into the listening area and make adjustments. Looking at what the new QSC TouchMix (http://qsc.com/products/Mixers/Touchmix ... uchMix-16/) is going to offer makes me wonder if Aurialink could evolve into something similar with two iPads and a multichannel interface on stage.

jonathancurran

Post by jonathancurran » Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:44 am

Another vote for being able to set ANY time signature and change it at any stage in the song, this is pretty important for a lot of songs

And MIDI support obviously but that appears to be coming :)

LRDTgarsas

Post by LRDTgarsas » Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:20 am

Obviously Auria knocks down Cubasis when we talk about third-party iOS VST plugins... Actually my question is for those third-party plug-in developers... And it's about future of vocal editing in Auria... Melodyne for iOS... Is this a unbelievable dream or not..? 8)

dwarman

Re: The "Auria Wishlist Thread" - IAA Wish

Post by dwarman » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:34 pm

Please consider adding a third option on the Inputs Matrix for IAA Instruments. This way they will be at the front of the efx chain instead of the back, input level monitoring would be correct, if they produce more than just stereo outs those could also be assigned and used, and the instrument name could be used to initialize the track name. As it is I find it very un-intuitive to use, and I also get no advantage from the built-in processing available. I do understand effects IAA Apps have a place in the inserts list, but not synths. Unless one is using their external audio input for efx processing.

While I'm here, one other thing: ability to adjust Movie offset by dragging it around relative to the audio track(s). Having to go to settings and type in a new offset makes it pretty much impossible to align the video with audio captured separately from the camera in Auria.

Beyond that, thanks for an awesome DAW! I used it for sound reinforcement at an all-day gig on an iPad 3 and it never once bobbled on me.

DanTappan

Post by DanTappan » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:29 am

Is there any way to lock the time position of a region, or preferably all of the regions in a single track, while still allowing editing? I find it frustrating that when I'm trying to do something like go though and edit out load breaths I keep accidentally moving regions if I don't tap exactly correctly when I'm trying to do a select or set locators.

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:37 am

DanTappan wrote:Is there any way to lock the time position of a region, or preferably all of the regions in a single track, while still allowing editing? I find it frustrating that when I'm trying to do something like go though and edit out load breaths I keep accidentally moving regions if I don't tap exactly correctly when I'm trying to do a select or set locators.
Like a "Region Move=ON/OFF" button in the toolbar? Interesting suggestion :D

leedgitar

Post by leedgitar » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:42 am

Here are a few minor things I had in mind after using Auria more and more:

- Region renaming (I know this has come up before, I'm just tossing another vote out)
- Named regions ("Verse A", "Chorus B", "Solo", etc)
- Option to Show/Hide the section below the menu that includes BPM, the time sig, region info, etc.

flyingfadr

Post by flyingfadr » Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:09 am

Locate points.... PLEEEEEEASE !!?? :-)

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:26 am

Auria has both locators and markers. What do you mean exactly?

Rim

verbcrunch

Post by verbcrunch » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:02 am

Hello all - getting to know Auria, love it, but have to add to the wishlist:

1. Rename regions (adding my vote for this)
2. EXPORT REGIONS AS AUDIO FILES ! (instead of using "Mixdown")

I do voicework, so I want to record a file through FX, rename and export. Mixdown so far is dodgy, sometimes the resulting mixdown file is much longer than expected, if we could just export a selected region it would solve this issue for all of us VO people. Auria has the potential to be a godsend for those of us wanted to work outside our studios.

thanks!

Shay
Expert

Post by Shay » Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:40 am

Hi @verbcrunch,

You can solo that track / tracks and place the locators to the left and right of this region and then MixDown by locators-range (an option in the mixdown form).

I hope it can help.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:01 am

Also, Auria support stem mixdown, so you get a folder with every track in it.

Rim

verbcrunch

Post by verbcrunch » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:08 am

Shay wrote:Hi @verbcrunch,
You can solo that track / tracks and place the locators to the left and right of this region and then MixDown by locators-range (an option in the mixdown form).
Thanks, but I tried that, the mixdown generated an audio file the length of the session up to the right locator bracket. If it generated an audio file only the length between the left and right brackets, that would be fine. Maybe my version is buggy, but the locators aren't constraining my mixdown, even though I select the option.

I'll check the stem mixdown option, hadn't tried that.
Thx!

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:45 am

Are you sure you're setting locators, not markers? (the blue highlighted range). If I set a short locator range here, then do a mixdown to WAV, I get a short WAV file with only the range I selected.

Rim

Checkrath
Expert

Post by Checkrath » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:53 pm

A common problem with importing audio is that it often comes in as stereo wav even though it's actually a mono recording. I know that I can convert the audio one at a time using the mixdown functionality, but it would be great if we could select multiple audio regions or tracks and "convert to mono".