The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

Sye

Re: The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

Post by Sye » Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:54 pm

I love for a 'smart' DropBox save/sync that only updated the files that had changed.

rafa77

A few ideas

Post by rafa77 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 3:51 pm

Hi Rim... these are my observations;

1. There Is no way to control with perfect precision some plugins... for example FabFilter ProQ 2... you can only use your finger (in my case Apple Pencil)... the desktop version allows for inputing with keyboard the frequency, Q, gain, etc... so I can copy desktop settings into Auria with precision... right now there’s no way to refine the dialing of settings... really need this.

2. Some stability issues with: AudioBus 3, AUM.... I know it’s hard... but to be honest Cubasis is much more stable... Auria closes on me a lot... I’ve also had other apps via Inter-App audio that crash Auria.... then when I open up again Auria it keeps crashing until I delete the app and reinstal (And loose all my work. :(

3. A chord finder that is inspiring... something that let’s us play oround with chords.. triads, progressionas, etc for songwriting ideas... most other apps I’ve tried have one or many problems working right.

4. File Management is a mess in my opinion... not very useful and takes a lot of time to get something in and out... really needs faster workflow so I can focus on the music, the mix, the fx, etc... not on setting up stuff. Adding drag and drop from iOS11 files app would be great.

5. Reordering FX in the chain. Once again, drag and drop would be awesome... look at Ableton for inspiration, everything is drag and drop and works so easily like this...

6. More VST’s ported to the app plugins... Maybe trying to negotiate with brands like SoftTube, Eventide, Slate, Melodyne , etc.

7. Clip import tempo detection

8. Warping needs a little bit of polish, still hard to get the transients to sit where I want them to... this is a big one. I record a lot of Drums and Bass... both of wich usually need some fixing somewhere in the track. This is the biggest advantage you have over you competition.

Hope this feedback is helpful. Thnx for making a great piece of software. Are you planning on porting to desktop for easy project management on diferrent devices?

Regards!

Trash
Expert

Post by Trash » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:46 am

I'm still finding my way around Auria Pro but I don't think this feature exits.

On my Tascam Hard Disk recorder it was possible to set a pre-roll time before an auto punch in. This allowed you to prepare for your punch in and always guaranteed that you would return to the same point. It made punching in super convenient and something similar would be great to have in Auria.

Cheers

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:24 am

This is easily done by setting the locators to where you want the punch to happen, then just start playing wherever you want This is equivalent to "pre-roll".

Rim

Rim

theconnactic
Expert

Post by theconnactic » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:19 pm

Rim, what about hiding/showing tracks? Recently I have a lot of projects exceeding 50+ tracks, which can be a pain even if I had a 12.9” iPad, not the meager 9.7” screen I have. Hide tracks, ProTools style, would be a HUGE workflow improvement. LogicProX style folder/summing stacks would be a dream, but being able to simply show/hide the tracks I want to focus on would already be an ENORMOUS improvement.

PabloGordy

Post by PabloGordy » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:06 am

First of all, great DAW. I never thought I’d be able to pretty much replace my desktop with an IPad. As a new user, nearly all of my questions were answered by the message board, so kudos for that, too. I do a lot of collaborative stuff, so id3 tags/metadata becomes important at mixdown/bounce. I know it’s currently not a feature in Auria Pro, but it would be convenient if this were integrated.

jussishow
Expert

Post by jussishow » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:01 am

Just bought an iPad Pro and the Pencil ! :-)
Also upgraded to Auria Pro !
Lovin' it so far !

Two things I really miss when using the Pencil (or stylus with my old pad) :
- 'Go to start' transport button ! (Instead of double tapping stop or rewind ...) |<
- Vertical scrollbar in the edit view ! There is a horizontal scrollbar, but one has to 'pinch zoom' vertically ?

Thanks ! :)

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:50 am

theconnactic wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:19 pm
Rim, what about hiding/showing tracks? Recently I have a lot of projects exceeding 50+ tracks, which can be a pain even if I had a 12.9” iPad, not the meager 9.7” screen I have. Hide tracks, ProTools style, would be a HUGE workflow improvement. LogicProX style folder/summing stacks would be a dream, but being able to simply show/hide the tracks I want to focus on would already be an ENORMOUS improvement.
+1 show/hide tracks - excellent for large track counts and comping.

karuzo

Post by karuzo » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:29 pm

Apology if any of these exist already:

Ability to backup Auria projects, not through iTunes. If I uninstall Auria, reinstall, projects are not retained.

Ability to isolate tracks. For example, several tracks output to one sungroup. Hide those tracks for sometime.

Seeing full name of tracks in Editing window.

Customize the icons on the toolbar in Editing window. Save custom toolbar setting. For example, I might create a toolbar for 1st step of edoting. Then switch to another set of toolbar. Hope this makes sense without specific examples.

Thanks,

Doron

mtingle
Expert

Post by mtingle » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:20 am

The ability to record audio on the iphone that saves in the Auria project file format so you can capture sounds on the fly and then open them up in Auria on the ipad to continue working on them. Basically a super paired down version of Auria that allows audio to be recorded on the iphone but has the ability to record and play Auria projects. Sort of like a 'player only' version of Auria but you could add basic recording to.

robdean
Expert

Access track MIDI config from piano roll

Post by robdean » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:14 pm

It seems there is no way to directly access a track's MIDI configuration from the piano roll editor. An FX button there (to trigger the MIDI config tab), say beside the (x) to close, or as press-and-hold on an existing control would fit my workflow excellently. Unless I've overlooked an existing way to do this that already exists?
Latest iOS - iPad Air 2019 256Gb WiFi - Alesis iO4

robdean
Expert

Alternative AuriaLink function...

Post by robdean » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:17 pm

I don't need to chain two iPads for additional tracks, but if I could have my second iPad offer the mixer view whilst my main iPad stayed in track view, that would be super useful.
Latest iOS - iPad Air 2019 256Gb WiFi - Alesis iO4

mdarby
Expert

Post by mdarby » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:37 pm

I just spent a bunch of time programming a drum part with multiple tempo and time signature changes in Drum Perfect Pro.

I was able to use Auria's Tempo Map to cue the desired changes in Auria, so that when I pasted the .wav file exported from DPP into Auria, everything lines up. The measures of the drums in the .wav file matched the measure markers in Auria.

I have one suggestion, however. In DPP, you select the numerator and denominator of each pattern independently. So you can have a measure in 4/4 or 7/4 or 7/4, or 7/8 or whatever. This is helpful if the rhythm pattern is eight notes, or seven notes.

In Auria there is a limited set of time signatures to pick from.

For my project, which had 8/4 and 7/8 in DPP, I had to select 4/4 and 7/8 in Auria and divide the tempo at each point in half.

Would you consider making this change? Keeping track of measures in the original signature is helpful when preparing the tempo change map in Auria based on the counts of measures in DPP. Thank you.

mididrum
Expert

Post by mididrum » Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:23 am

for sure USEFUL : we don't very need 2.Auria ipads rec now processor power is enough
BUT WE DO NEED a REMOTE AURIA SCREEN since NOW mixing far away from MAIN MIXING/rec IPAD number One slave LINKED (frozen position) by its lightning:/USB cable to MIXER hardware (mixer Behringer Xr 18 ) …
i understand already we have full transport remote for BOTH : sync from Master, but … not enough!!!!
thanks to think about it
mididrum

mididrum
Expert

Post by mididrum » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:42 pm

karuzo wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:29 pm
Apology if any of these exist already:

Ability to backup Auria projects, not through iTunes. If I uninstall Auria, reinstall, projects are not retained.

Ability to isolate tracks. For example, several tracks output to one sungroup. Hide those tracks for sometime.

Seeing full name of tracks in Editing window.

Customize the icons on the toolbar in Editing window. Save custom toolbar setting. For example, I might create a toolbar for 1st step of edoting. Then switch to another set of toolbar. Hope this makes sense without specific examples.

Thanks,

Doron
ANSWER
USE SAN DISK (lightning connector)TO SAVE AURIA PROJECTS …no problem to import later