The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

MatWard

Re: The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

Post by MatWard » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:23 pm

Possible bugs

Notes often disappear when joining MIDI regions.
Audio occasionally disappears when joining audio regions.
Audio occasionally disappears when pitching.
When using "Split All" on multiple regions, part of each region is left on the screen, to the right of where it was split. You can sometimes get rid of this by restarting the app, in which case a message comes up saying "errors were automatically fixed". Sometimes not.
When switching between screens for Auria and an Inter-App Audio app such as the Thor synthesizer, you get a crash prompt each time you switch back to the Auria screen.
The BPM on Auria and Thor seem out of step when playing Thor from MIDI in Auria. When you enable "send clock" on Core MIDI outputs, it disrupts the sound on Thor.
The fabfilter plugins do not keep the name of the preset when you restart the app. Even though they keep the preset, the name will have reverted to "Default".
Mixdown to email has never worked for me.

Wishlist
Please add waveform editing on the Lyra sampler, so that you can set start and end points on where the sample plays back from. For this reason, I still use the sampler in Garageband instead.
Allow separate editing of copied regions. At present, if you reverse part of one region, it will affect all regions. The only way to avoid this is by copying the region to a new track and bouncing the region down before altering it.

I'm using the latest version of Auria Pro on an iPad Air 2 64GB running the latest iOS update, 10.2.1.

I can send you video of any of the bugs if you like - just email me.

jamad67

Post by jamad67 » Sat Mar 04, 2017 10:54 pm

I definitely love using Auria.
I do have the odd wish list item that I would like to see.
One that comes to mind is that it would be nice in the mixing window to be able to colour code the tracks for easy identification.
Another is that it would be nice to be able to hide tracks to make it easy to go to the subs / master and back again quickly.

Did I mention that I love the app?
:P

MatWard

Post by MatWard » Sun Mar 05, 2017 8:51 pm

Did I forget to mention I love the app? I do.

Sunburst

Post by Sunburst » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:53 am

Please can we have MIDI and audio loop recording included in Auria Pro?

By this, I mean the basic ability to set up loop start and end points for a piece of music to be played back continously and a new track recorded on every loop until the user stops the recording. This then leaves the user to play, select, and edit the takes as required. It would also be nice to have a take management facility as well, but the basic facility is the most important.

For me and probably many other musicians who work on their own, it is so important to have. In fact, since purchasing this app and discovering, too late, that it does not have this essential feature, it has remained virtually unused. It is probably fine as a recording app for engineers, a bit like Pro Tools, perhaps.

As a lone musician, especially when playing and recording guitar, percussion, or indeed any other instrument I can think of, I regard basic loop recording in a DAW as an essential feature, as there is only one person playing the instrument, with both hands occupied. It breaks the creative flow to have to keep interrupting the session and controlling the app for every take and it takes up a lot of time when you are working things out, composing & recording at the same time. Just about every computer DAW I have ever used on both Mac and PC platforms has had this basic feature. I was most disappointed to find out after purchasing Auria Pro, that it was not considered to be a basic facility.

Maybe musicians who actually play an instrument and work like me with DAWs are becoming more rare these days?

It would be great to see this feature introduced into what is otherwise a fully featured and professional looking DAW on IOS.

MatWard

Post by MatWard » Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:46 am

Also the audio meter on the channel strip when you open up "FX" does not match the audio level on the main mixing desk. It's much higher in the channel strip. Please fix. Thanks.

pitchblender

Post by pitchblender » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:04 am

Hello Rim

Excellent software, relieved from years of poverty PC and PowerBook use to finally use a portable DAW, even with the odd overload...

My suggestion is that when a variable is automated, could you perhaps move the white highlighted label in the drop down menu to the top of the menu? Maybe keep it in its place in the list too, but grouping automated variables on that menu would same loads of time.

Also, is there a way of linking identical MIDI regions so that when you edit one they all follow the changes? I suppose this would be a 'group' function...

Apologies if these are already out there; it takes an age to find the correct terminology and then the correct issue...

Cheers

theartwebreathe

Post by theartwebreathe » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:58 am

I'd like to reiterate two requests that user Tovokas mentioned back in 2014:

* Duplicate track
* The ability to reorder effects in the channel strip

These would both be extremely useful features.

Perfectpete

Post by Perfectpete » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:39 pm

A tuner would be very nice to have.

King
Expert

Piano Roll Colours..

Post by King » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:28 am

To be able to choose the colour of the piano-roll.

At the moment the colour is determined by the colour of the region. Sometimes those colours don't transfer well (darker etc).

If we had an 'option' to make it a specific colour for that project, or that time of editing.
Some colours really work well for me, another person may prefer another colour.
Changing the region colour would not be the same, (too long).

Options options options, option are good! It's 'Pro' after all..

King
_____________________________1 Luv_____________________________

_____________________________King____________________________

pichi
Expert

Post by pichi » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:50 pm

Someone probably mentioned this but ... deleting multiple files like in Audioshare. Swiping one at a time is ineffective. I often end up deleting files in Funbox on the Mac.

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:41 am

Peak hold meters.

Tovokas
Expert

Post by Tovokas » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:01 pm

King wrote:To be able to choose the colour of the piano-roll.
Agreed, things can get a bit fugly and difficult to look at. An option to just have solid colors not based on volume would be a nice option as well.
theartwebreathe wrote:I'd like to reiterate two requests that user Tovokas mentioned back in 2014:

* Duplicate track
* The ability to reorder effects in the channel strip

These would both be extremely useful features.
Would still love to see these!

I would also love to see the somewhat strange 'overlapping notes' midi editor behavior 'standardized': I've never seen another editor that cuts off the portion of notes that overlap. :)

leem
Expert

Post by leem » Wed Apr 12, 2017 7:00 pm

-ability to add metadata for a project: Artist Name, Alubm Name, Song Name, Image?

-support for other Cloud storage providers: Google Drive, OneDrive

-Background upload to Dropbox for project exports

- Select Dropbox folder for mixdown and project export

-export multiselectable stems to dropbox, specify format and folder

-More control over file management in general, without having to use iFunbox

Geoff.B

Post by Geoff.B » Tue May 16, 2017 11:23 am

Ableton Link & AudioBus 3 support please. I will then record happy and in sync!

NoiseHorse
Expert

Post by NoiseHorse » Wed May 17, 2017 8:42 pm

Perfectpete wrote:A tuner would be very nice to have.
I think that would be awesome, it would save a lot of time setting up a live instrument.