The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

verbcrunch

Re: The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

Post by verbcrunch » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:56 pm

Rim wrote:Are you sure you're setting locators, not markers? (the blue highlighted range). If I set a short locator range here, then do a mixdown to WAV, I get a short WAV file with only the range I selected.
That could be what I'm doing wrong, will spend more time figuring it out. The locator is where playback starts from, right? I used the "set locator" icon to set right and left locators, but might be doing something wrong.

sodium
Expert

Post by sodium » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:53 pm

One small suggestion I'd make is (if it could be easily done) to have an index at the end of the manual.

I like to have have a manual printed out for devices I use heavily (my Canon DSLR, Reaper, Auria, Native Instruments Komplete, Alchemy) and my Auria user guide printed on single sided comes in at about 300 pages and over an inch thick. Which is fine, but today looking for a few items I was stymied by the lack of alphabetical index at the rear.

Again, its not a deal breaker of course, but one small thing that if easily implemented would add to the ease of people learning the program.
"get down off that cross we could use the wood..."

verbcrunch

Post by verbcrunch » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:38 pm

Rim wrote:Are you sure you're setting locators, not markers? (the blue highlighted range). If I set a short locator range here, then do a mixdown to WAV, I get a short WAV file with only the range I selected.

Rim
I figured out what the problem was: doing the mixdown with the "REC" button enabled. Take that out and mixdown by locator range renders as expected.

Not sure if that qualifies as a bug, or if a mixdown should span the entire session when record enabled. But all good. Really loving Auria more and more, been tweaking and getting amazing sound.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:10 pm

Thanks for pointing that out. That is indeed a type of bug. I'll add it to the list.

Rim

flyingfadr

Post by flyingfadr » Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:53 am

Rim wrote:Auria has both locators and markers. What do you mean exactly?

Rim
I mean numbered locate points, to locate to either set points in a song ( verse, chorus, etc. ), or to the beginning of a song, when multiple songs are in a single timeline ( for live performance playback ) .

This would be HUGE !!

Thanks in advance !!

Rfigueir

Post by Rfigueir » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:09 pm

Make bouncing a lot easier. Very important!

bigbearvo

Editing/Recording Features Desired...

Post by bigbearvo » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:17 pm

1. A "ripple cut" feature, which in two steps (highlight, cut/join), deletes the highlighted section of audio, and joins all audio beyond the edit to audio prior to the edit point.
2. A "ripple paste" feature, which allows clipboard audio to be inserted at the cursor, retaining audio beyond the cursor and joining it with the newly inserted audio.
3. A "record insert" feature, which allows new audio to be recorded and inserted into the previously recorded timeline at the cursor, retaining and joining with all audio beyond the cursor.
4. An on-the-fly "punch in" record feature, which can be activated either by setting an "in" point ("out" point optional) with an optional user-adjustable "pre-roll" setting, or by simply touching the "record" button at the point the user wants to "punch in".
5. A non-destructive "multiple take" recording feature, which would allow up to 9 or more "takes" when recording at a specific section of the timeline. For instance, all or part of a vocal, or a specific section of a voiceover. This would give the producer the ability to quickly switch between takes, in context, when editing and preparing the mix, to determine the best take, while retaining the others.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:40 am

You'll be happy to know that I've just added ripple editing to the next Auria update, which has just been submitted to Apple today.

Rim

bigbearvo

Post by bigbearvo » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:58 am

Rim, you are the man! This will enable me to start using Auria as my editing platform of choice. Now, if you can add "ripple" paste/insert", and record insert, you'll have created a truly full-function post-production editor.

Keep up the good work! And thanks!

John Polk

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:39 am

I added the entire suite of ripple editing features: When in ripple mode, Cut, Delete, Paste, AudioPaste and Record work in ripple mode, automatically sliding everything over when you use those functions. Automation, markers and locators move as well. In the settings page, there's also an option to change the way ripple mode works: global, or single track.

Rim

bigbearvo

Post by bigbearvo » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:26 pm

Wow! Can't wait to take 'em for a spin. Impressive, Rim. I'll be sure to give you a full report, filled with praise, kudos, and general thank you's, with maybe, just maybe a few new suggestions thrown in for good measure! Seriously, my thanks to you for such prompt attention to my recommendations. I am passing the word to my colleagues what a fabulous platform you guys have created!

John Polk

Logictree

Post by Logictree » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:12 pm

Please change the metronome sounds. Or allow us to change them.
Other people already mentioned this before. I heard it is not a priority, but still I wish some change could happen in future.
Actually I only wish to change the non-accent sound, the accent sound is ok. The non-accent sound somehow is like distorted. It is very unhelpful to concentration.

Duckmandu
Expert

Ripple editing

Post by Duckmandu » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:06 am

Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!

- Duckmandu

claudel
Expert

Post by claudel » Sat May 10, 2014 8:53 am

I'm just starting to scratch the surface, so to speak, and I seem to have slightly different needs than many other Auria users, but here's my wish list...

I'm mainly a guitar/bass hack rather than a recording engineer, and these functions would be cool, IMO.

I mainly am using Auria as my primary instrument modeler/amplifier.

I'm using the channel strip EQ & compressor to form my bassic tone and modifying it with various plugins.

I haven't been recording much, but that's a matter of hitting the red button when I'm happy with everything else...

Some of these wishes I copped from earlier in the thread.

Some might already be in there... :lol:

A few specific implementations.
Sonoma WireWorks GuitarJack Control Panel SDK
Peterson iStroboSoft as plugin ( already exists as VST )

96kHz able Bias/Jamup plugin - currently using JamUp/Bias forces 44.1Khz mode
( I know these are from a different company... )

More VST instruments

It'd be nice to see some instrument oriented plugins with a more narrow focus that would be simpler to use.
I love the sounds from Turnado and Volcano2 & WOW2, but they're a bit complex.

I'd use these a lot
Dual (stereo) Leslie plugin w/separate speed/depth controls for the top spinners
EDIT: PSP Stereo Chorus has a lot of cool sounds, but doesn't quite nail the Leslie dual rotor thing

Autowah/Mutron Envelope filter plugin w/capability to accept MIDI CC signals for manual wah.
(Lots of filters, I need a simpler one... :roll: )
Octaver/Whammy pedal, auto & MIDI
Edit: Getting a lot of this need filled with WOW2, but it's a chore...

Multi-band compressor plugin Edit: Found this one in the Auria Store, gotta buy it...

A "Performance Mode" - where one can construct "show > set > song > intro > verse > chorus > verse... "
configuration presets and step through the presets either by MIDI pedal or external sequencer.
MIDI out to control external devices would be cool in this as well.

easily remove/hide/rearrange channel groups & tracks

"A Direct Out on the channel strip that allowed you to route the track either pre or post of the EQ/effects chain to another channel strip for further processing. This would allow you to exceed the 4-slot limit per channel.
Also great for easy track doubling."
or more effects slots everywhere

capability to add written notes to any function ( notepad )

Routing options to accommodate complex interfaces such as SPL Crimson.

Probably more...

It's amazing me on a daily basis, so far...

Updated 11 May since I'm still learning. :? :roll:

MikeDee
Expert

Post by MikeDee » Wed May 14, 2014 12:53 pm

For an excellent Leslie effect, pick up Yonac's Galileo (virtual B3 organ). It can be used as IAA or in Audiobus (as an effect, as well as an input).

HTH,

Mike