The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

mkrow

Re: The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

Post by mkrow » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:22 am

New user here. First want to comment on how impressive this app is. Very excited for Pro.

GO TO MARKER X

Small usability request... In the Transport Options menu, could you place the "Go To Marker x" menu items above the "Set Marker x" menu items? And maybe throw a divider line in between them? Or possibly move "Go To Marker x" to the top of the menu?

When I'm repeatedly using "Go To Marker x" I find myself accidentally clicking "Set Marker x" because they are first in the list. When I'm focusing on editing music my brain goes "Marker x. Marker x." and forces me to click on the first thing it spots that says "Marker x", which would be "Set Marker x". This of course repositions my original marker and Undo does not work.

Alternately, or in addition, some kind of Marker "navigation buttons" would work too.

Of course, this all changes if you implement additional markers, as some have requested.

It would just be really helpful to be able to jump to a position in the song with one tap. Or maybe a multi-finger tap that brings up a song navigation pop-up?

Thanks

mkrow

Post by mkrow » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:28 am

I'd also like to put in my vote for "take management".

I guess I'm envisioning a button that would expand the list of takes as if they were a group of related tracks. Press the button again and they collapse back into the final track. Other than that, they would just be tracks.

Navpack
Expert

Post by Navpack » Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:09 pm

Rim and company... is there anything on the update list to allow for using an external keyboard for transport and perhaps macro edit commands?

Regards,
phil.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:41 pm

Currently, that's only possible with MCU/HUI, but extending the remote control to standard MIDI is a good idea for sure.

Rim

Washboy
Expert

Post by Washboy » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:50 am

Rim wrote:Currently, that's only possible with MCU/HUI, but extending the remote control to standard MIDI is a good idea for sure.

Rim
It would be a start if MMC support could be fully implemented :wink:

Anthony Alves
Expert

Post by Anthony Alves » Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:37 am

GUI shade lighter with a vintage Tascam look. What do you think Rim?
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (85.54 KiB) Viewed 18902 times

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:32 am

Looks groovy ;)

Rim

huntson

Re: The "Auria Wishlist Thread" Timecode

Post by huntson » Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:50 pm

I’d like to be able to sync the recordings made with your software to timecode. I’m guessing you folks don’t currently have this feature. One easy way to add this would be to use up on elf the audio channels you are taking from whatever device is connected and decoding timecode on that and then writing that to the recorded files. Let me know if this is possible to add.

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:14 pm

Auria syncs to timecode right now, using MTC. It will chase MTC if you have it enabled. See the manual for more info on how to set this up.

Rim

gotohtom

Post by gotohtom » Tue Mar 24, 2015 1:19 am

I love Auria but when it comes to really work seriously on a project I feel a bit scared of the lack of accuracy of the touch screen. Maybe someone already requested it but is it possible to use Bluetooth keyboard (I have a logitech one) and assign shortcuts ?
I'm an everyday Pro tools user and I don't need mouse so often because I use a lot the keyboard shortcuts. It could be great if we could have a lot of keyboard shortcuts. Recording, mixing, etc. will be way faster and could help to avoid mistakes.

Thank you for lisening.

ZenLizard
Expert

Post by ZenLizard » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:53 pm

In the upcoming Pro version, I hope we will be able to arange the list of IAA apps in a custom order. Some of us have really long lists of IAA apps and it can be a serious pain in the butt finding the app we're looking for. It would be a major improvement to be able to arrange our most useful apps at the top, but even alphabetical order would be better than it is now.
— Can you hum a few bars? —

NSF

Post by NSF » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:41 am

Agree with the above. Folders or favorites.

Holiday

Post by Holiday » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:44 am

I'd like to suggest perhaps McDSP could be asked if they'd like to do plugins for Auria.

sconard

Re: The "Auria Wishlist Thread" Setting to disable ipad mic

Post by sconard » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:19 pm

Please add a setting to specifically disable the ipad microphone.

When using the apogee jam or any other interface via the "lightning" plug, it is possible to dislodge the plug which automatically allows open channels to master which can create deafening feedback. There is no ios resident method of muting the mic so please make this an app resident setting.

OldBoy

Post by OldBoy » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:17 pm

Hi,

I've just started with Auria, but just in case, here are my newbie observations/suggestions:

Total reset.
When problems occur could the usual procedure for ensuring everything is shut down and exited then Auria be streamined or automated, so that the iPad carries out a series of steps - and then Auria pops back up good to go.
I'm thinking of times when we may be under stress and need a total reset to be fast and faultless, so we can get back recording asap.

Carry on from where you left off
OK, Im out of my depth here, but if Auria crashes or runs out of CPU and has a whoopsee, I am presuming everything is lost, and you have to start from scratch setting up projects then settings etc. Is there any scope for 'carrying on from where you left off' ?

Backing up projects to computer
Once it was explained where the Auria files were shown in iTunes it was easy to copy .wavs back and forth just by cut and paste. However, I have not been able to copy the projects folder parts to my PC . I wanted to ensure I had a backup. Maybe this exists procedure already, but I dont have that knowledge

List the plugins
I was pleasently surprised how quick, easy and seemingly reliable it was to buy a plugin. Hover, as a newbie it took a while to find it, and confiirm I had received it and it was installed. I would have liked a page listing bought plugins - maybe with purchase dates or a reference number ? - and either a 'How to install' or 'How to access that plugin for the first time'

Soak tester feedback to Auria
I was surprised at CPU use even on a few channels. What about we are able to run a standard test which is built into Auria and it emails the results and configuration details of our hardware and state of software. I was thinking it might make it easier and quicker for you guys to locate problems, issues or draw accurate conclusions based on patterns of data from a wide sample of users.

'Skins'
I quite like the present colour scheme and my impression of the proposed Pro version was that it was too dark. I suppose an option to change the colour scheme might be difficult if it affected the stability, but I thought I'd ask. :-)

'Advanced Airplane mode'
As I understand it, when ther user wishes to use Auria seriously - or in avoiding a problem - Airplane Mode is suggested to minimise other apps etc running in the background. What about extending this to cover things that could be added to a variation of a 'kill tasks' list. So that when Advanced Airpl;ane Mode is invoked Auria is will run cleanly, all the way through to saving and linking to Mac or PC.

The complete Newbie Videos
Finally, how about a small competition asking for members to produce some Youtube video on some VERY basic ('11 year old') steps for those getting off the ground with Auria with little or no previous iPad knowlege - e.g. how to record a couple of tracks, use aux, groups, simple effects. The key issue is 'getting started' , the first steps, and show video sequences carried out in realtime.

I guess much of what is here is actually already implemented, but I've only really got into Auria one week ago, as I now have retired and actually can start to get into it!

BTW... FAABULOUS product... fabulous. :D