The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

redheadedjimmy

Re: The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

Post by redheadedjimmy » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:49 am

I love the app! One small request that may already be listed, or there may be some function that I haven't found yet. I would love to see a color ring, color box, or something prominent to show which tracks are midi/ mono/ or stereo at a glance. I usually import tracks that come in in stereo, and use a lot of mono and midi tracks. I don't see any difference in mono stereo in the edit window and the midi keyboard only shows up when expanded. In the mix- the icons are kind of small. Not that big of a deal, but it would help my workflow. Thanks!

Analogy

Post by Analogy » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:35 pm

A simple note repeat option for the Auria keyboard, I would be able to control my midi Drums much more effectively :D

KenS

Post by KenS » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:33 am

My wish is to be able to loop record multiple takes, especially for video ADR. Auria already has auto punch in - I want to have the option to tell Auria to keep recording new takes on top of each other over and over until I press stop. That way, an actor can listen to the original dialogue and match to it, gradually getting it better and better until it is right. Much easier than trying to lip sync.

KenS

Post by KenS » Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:57 am

After loop recording, a "comprehensive take management system" would be nice, but I could manage ok without that. Please don't wait for both to be finished before releasing basic loop recording.

jfu222

Post by jfu222 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:50 pm

RECORD a performance video while you play.

Basically pipe in the Auria audio to a video recorder..... so for example: You create a backing tracking in auria, Jam on said backing track while recording your performance via the front facing camera. New video file contains visual from recording as well as audio coming from Auria.

I know this may be tough and thought it was in impossible, BUT ...TC Helicon has an app called VoiceJam Studio and it does exactly that ... the only issue is that they created a split screen view so you can see virtual knob tweaks along with the performance video.

Another route would be if Audiobus creates a plug for a video app ...which would be even better.

Thanks!

sodium
Expert

Mutiple Track Freeze/Unfreeze

Post by sodium » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:28 pm

It'd be great to be able to select mutiple tracks and freeze/unfreeze them rather than one at a time
"get down off that cross we could use the wood..."

panosv

Post by panosv » Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:41 pm

Hi, I'm using auria for triggering songs live.is it possible in one of next updates to put more markers,so i can easily jump from one song to another? thanks in advance!

Rim
Site Admin

Post by Rim » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:04 pm

Auria has markers - they're in the transport menu.

Rim

panosv

Post by panosv » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:00 pm

It's has only four markers,I need over 30

Makyo
Expert

Post by Makyo » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:47 pm

#1 wish: Greater stability.

With Auria, I can easily kiss my old desktop DAW goodbye. UI is great and the interface makes it a much faster workflow than my old DAw. Fab-filter plug-ins are top-notch, channel strips great, really a wonderful environment to record and arrange in.

BUT:

The frequency of crashes, bugs, etc. is just too high to safely commit to professional work on the platform. (And I am on an iPad Pro qith the latest Auria update,) I have lost entire projects due to what support says must be "corrupted files", something I've dealt with maybe once in 20 years of using a desktop DAW. I have not ever been able to use Auria for more than two months without encountering some bug that completely shuts down workflow: playback freezes, volume goes away, never to return, recorded tracks don't playback, etc.

You have a great product. It's truly revolutionary on iOS. I really like it a lot and wish that I could say it's my go to DAW. It's very close to being that. I realize that the iOS environment presents unique challenges, but I would encourage greater commitment to hammer out bugs.

Tovokas
Expert

Post by Tovokas » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:55 am

Makyo wrote:#1 wish: Greater stability.

The frequency of crashes, bugs, etc. is just too high to safely commit to professional work on the platform.
I agree that stability is absolutely critical in creative work: nothing kills the spark like technical problems, and you can't really take such risks with clients involved.

However, I must be lucky, as I rarely if ever have problems on my iPad Pro, unless I'm messing with IAA, or in a lesser sense, general midi. I completed most of the mixing on at least 7 tracks on my latest 'CD' in Auria and didn't really have any issues: I can't really remember any crashes, and certainly no corrupted files. But it was pretty much straight audio, using 'built in' tools along with Fabfilter and PSP.

My confidence in Lyra, One, and Twin 2 is getting pretty solid, as I've run test after test without issue. Even the few AU synths I have to test are (so far) performing flawlessly. (I've tested with 24 audio tracks and 16 synths all humming along at 35% CPU, with no issues, looping continuously for 15 minutes while I goofed around changing synth presets on the fly).

The midi editor is still a bit flakey, but in an annoying, rather than soul-killing sense. IAA or AudioBus, on the other hand, will ruin my day every single time. If I really need a sound I can only get in SynthMaster or Animoog, my standard procedure now is to prep the midi file using a simple Lyra stand-in sound. When everything is ready to go, I create a new track with the IAA instrument, copy the midi file to it, and quickly work to find the correct sound. Then I save the preset in the IAA instrument, and immediately bounce in place, freeing Auria from the IAA taint. This seems to cut down on the grief considerably, and I can always just create a new midi track and load up the preset if I need to make adjustments at the source. And again, as more and more synths are updated to AU, this will be less and less of an issue.

I hope as Auria matures you can also narrow down what is bringing your sessions down, as I agree that Auria is getting so close to being a complete solution. Good luck!

JRSIV
Expert

Post by JRSIV » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:27 pm

I searched the forum search utility but didn't see the two features that I'd love to see, sorry if these are repeats...

1) A simple 'bounce in place' style process that takes a stereo audio track and makes it into a mono track, combining the left & right. There are some convoluted work arounds for this but a quick easy option like this would be extremely helpful for times when a stereo file (lets say a hi-hat track imported over through the drum apps export that is in stereo can easily be changed to mono to make panning, etc. more streamlined.)

2) An arrangement timeline. Just a strip in the timeline area to label each section of the song (verse, chorus, middle eight, etc.) for easy reference. Or even just allow position markers to be custom named as a workable alternative.

Other than those, which would just be some conveniences, the bulk of Auria Pro is excellent, not any concerns at all.
JRSIV's Studio V uses Auria Pro v2.33 on an iPad Air 5 (2022) 256GB w/iPadOS 16.3
Other gear includes: Tascam US-2x2 interface, Behringer UMC404HD interface, TC Electronics SOLO, Sony MDR-7506 headphones

mididrum
Expert

Re: Audio hardware outputs?

Post by mididrum » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:39 pm

Scott O wrote:Still playing with Auria, Great so far, no problems. One thing I was looking for though was separate hardware outputs, not just mains. I will be using the software mostly for backing tracks playback. I have the 1818VSL and would like to use some outs for monitors, click track etc. I dont know if this is an Auria or iPad restriction or if it just hasn't been implemented yet. Could this maybe be included in a future update? Thanks and good job so far!
Your 1818VSL (if factory updated) CAN DO , from AURIA (multiroute settings) outputs MATRIX choosing proper INS of
1818 to choice of outputs
WHILE you can use 1818 to ipad live USB -use a USB2 hub-(pandora white)- YOU NEED to use a PC =WITH 1818 remote
driver to SET 44/48 k and choose for any IN usb (from Auria outs) WHERE 1818 AUDIO 8 outs are needed for (monitor',click,master, headphones )
once set _(saved) you don't need anymore PC and can use 1818VSL directly USB connected to iPAD
Auria (Matrix in) will detect and route to tracks each of 8 INS from 18/18 (unless you use adat and sdif 10 ins more)
but sync ipad and 1818 together using adat or iaa will not be reliable :so consider 1818vsl to be rather 8/8 VSL and din't expect it to SYNC (44/48k) other than its last PC connection setting
This will save you to pretend AURIA to hiss, crackle … from improper project 44>48 k or 48>44 settings of 1818 VSL
ipad can also screen a WIFI remote for 1818 vsl , but i suspect you cannot change sync settings , maybe its outs routing
you can try ...

theartwebreathe

Post by theartwebreathe » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:45 am

I would love to have a startup screen for Auria Pro - by this I mean that when you launch Auria, I'd like to see a list of recent projects (and a way to get to all projects) so that I can open the one I want.

Right now, Auria just opens the last project you had open. The problem with this is that, very often I don't actually want to load the last project I had open. And now i'm forced to wait for it to load a project I'm not wanting to work on, which is especially annoying when it loads IAA instruments (that are now open in the background as ghost IAA apps).

A startup screen would totally fix that problem and let you choose which project you're wanting to work on.

Now, I know everyone won't like that extra step, so I'd recommend adding a preference in the settings screen to handle whether to show the startup screen or just load the last project.

theartwebreathe

Post by theartwebreathe » Fri Mar 03, 2017 9:14 am

As a follow-up to my previous post, here's a mockup of what I had in mind:
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-03-03 at 10.14.26 AM.png