The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

For general questions or discussion of Auria.

Moderators: Corey W, Rim

mtingle
Expert

Re: The "Auria Wishlist Thread"

Post by mtingle » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:24 am

StudioSteve wrote:Someone must have already asked this question, so forgive me in advance:

Will Auria ever be able to run on different (non Apple) Tablets, or will it forever be an exclusively Apple application?

I would LOVE to see this great product branch out to different platforms. It would shake things up a bit. Ya think?
I heard that other mobile OS struggle with low latency audio whereas iOS uses core audio & midi the same as OS X. So I guess iOS is the platform of choice for audio apps.
Last edited by mtingle on Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

StudioSteve

Post by StudioSteve » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:37 pm

I heard that other mobile OS struggle with low latency audio whereas iOS uses core audio & midi the same as OS X. So I guess iOS is the platform of choice for audio apps.
Oh well I guess we'll just have to bug the other platform developers to get up to speed if they want to compete!

ETW

Re: Audiobus audio streaming into Auria

Post by ETW » Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:45 am

Rim wrote:If audiobus ever becomes official, we will definitely look into it.

Rim
Rim

Please clarify the quote above. You personally have clearly stated that Auria WILL implement Audiobus compatibility very soon. What do you mean then stating " if Audiobus ever becomes official " ???? I am missing something here or were your earlier assurances that Auria was soon to be working with Audiobus false?

Sincerely

ET

dominicperry
Expert

Re: Audiobus audio streaming into Auria

Post by dominicperry » Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:14 am

ETW wrote:
Rim wrote:If audiobus ever becomes official, we will definitely look into it.

Rim
Rim

Please clarify the quote above. You personally have clearly stated that Auria WILL implement Audiobus compatibility very soon. What do you mean then stating " if Audiobus ever becomes official " ???? I am missing something here or were your earlier assurances that Auria was soon to be working with Audiobus false?

Sincerely

ET
Original post was from July 2012

mrufino1
Expert

Post by mrufino1 » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:34 pm

2 big wishes, now that I've been using auria a lot for about a month. I would love a simple eq on the aux bus, so I can eq reverbs. High pass and low pass would be enough for me, but anything would be cool

A way to freeze aux send effects. So, if there was a way to route the aux output for a track. Thn I could use a convo reverb, set it, record the reverb only to a track, then use another effect in there after deleting the reverb, etc. old school, but if I don't need to change it again blending the reverb only track would do the same thing. I am hitting my ipad 2 processor limit quickly now that I have echo and old timer. I freeze everything that I can, but this would really help!

will
Expert

Post by will » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:59 am

At the risk of repeating posts:

Midi implementation and control of Auria.
Adjustable tempo / time signatures (in the sense of a global / master track type of thing.)
Audiobus integration.

Theses would be nice workflow upgrades, for me at least.
I am also +1 mrufino's post above.

W :D LL

thebioguy
Expert

Post by thebioguy » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:34 am

Larger, off-site storage.

Hi guys,

I use Pogoplug for all file transfers and off-site storage. I have access to a 1 terabyte harddrive attached to my wireless router at home, from anywhere. They have a PC, iOS, and Android app. How hard would it be to link to Pogoplug from within Auria? Dropbox only allow 2 gigs for free, and my first project is over the limit.

Thanks,
Paul

Or any other app or protocol that allows off-site storage? Such as FTP?

Marklee5

Post by Marklee5 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:52 pm

It would be helpful to me if I could eliminate the sub mix tracks. I don't use them and they are a distraction between the audio tracks and the master. In ProTools I am used to setting up the tracks I need only. It does not appear to be possible to delete the sub channels and I would very much like to. Thanks.

gdog
Expert

Post by gdog » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:22 am

Hi :)

. Option to use the standard channel strip, instead of master strip for the subgroups
. Route output of FX, or end of FX chain, to Aux sends
. EDIT - when I save a preset for the second time, it remembers the last name
. Saved Presets to sync between devices
. Ability to create a preset folder in the fabfilter plugs, save to this folder, & have them sync between iPads. Ie FF plugs have a dropdown preset list - ability to save & load from a created folder in there
. Turn off complex GUI animations on fabfilter plugs to save CPU - especially Saturn (I don't need to see how the harmonic content changes as I edit, hearing is enough)
. 4 track version of Auria for 5g devices :!:
. Fabfilter Twin2 (I know Auria is audio only, but would love to use FF Twin at some point..<3)

I've only read the last few comments above, but agree with -

. simple eq on the aux bus, so I can eq reverbs. High pass and low pass
. A way to freeze aux send effects. So, if there was a way to route the aux output for a track. Thn I could use a convo reverb, set it, record the reverb only to a track, then use another effect in there after deleting the reverb, etc
. Midi control of params, tempo automation, AudioBus
. Option to delete subgroups

Many thanks for making Auria, I'm absolutely loving it! - The new fabfilter fx are incredible!!
Much love to all the Auria team <3

JohnInBoston

Post by JohnInBoston » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:36 pm

Definitely agree with Marklee5 above above about the ability to hide unused subgroups. I'd like to either be able to select the number of subgroups (0,1,2,4,8) or perhaps just be able to add them like adding tracks, which would be a consistent user interface.

In addition, I'd love to add the following:
o Ability to hide/show the tracks belonging to a subgroup from the subgroup channel strip - as an example, I have my drums mic'd on six separate tracks where I can independently set levels, effects, etc. but then they all belong to a Drums subgroup. Once configured, I'd love to be able to hide the individual tracks and only have the subgroup shown in the mixer
o In a similar vein, the ability to arm all tracks belonging to a subgroup from the subgroup channel strip. So, setup the 6 drum tracks, set levels, etc. Then hide the source tracks. Arm all six with one touch of the subgroup Arm button.

The iPad touch screen allows for novel new ways of interacting with the app, but screen space is at a premium, so hiding and showing will probably become a key part of a killer app.

Auria rocks, and I have loved getting to know it.

- John in Boston

gdog
Expert

Post by gdog » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:16 pm

. User Presets appear on top of preset list for all plugins
. Re preset backup - Korg apps have a backup/restore function - this'd be perfect for Auria too & allow users to backup & restore as they see fit
. Side Chain, especially for the Fabfilter plugs
. Re Midi implentation - when it comes, ability to send midi notes to fx, that way we can control the Gate in FF Pro-G, etc
. Auria Store - show what's been bought/installed

Thanks for reading, all the best! <3

fusionarts
Expert

Remember last folder opened.

Post by fusionarts » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:57 am

It would be great if when I'm importing drum loops from my 'loops' folder, that Auria would remember the last folder I was in, and not always default back to the root. I gets time consuming to have to drill back down in the folder tree every time I want to import a new loops from the folder I was just in a couple of minutes before. Any chance this could happen in a future update?
"In cordibus nostris Iesus in aeternum vivat"
“L i v e J e s u s i n o u r h e a r t s, f o r e v e r”
-----------------------------------------------------------
iPad Pro - 128GB - iOS 9.3 - Auria Pro

gdog
Expert

Post by gdog » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:36 pm

. Move CPU meter slightly lower in the snug empty space between the FX & R/W Automation - this way we can access the FX of the Master & last subgroup without having to scroll to the end to reveal them - a v.minor thing, but useful :) <3

Kenyon S

Post by Kenyon S » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:37 pm

Love Auria. thanks.
It would be perfect if you could import/export songs directly to/from your iPad's music library. That way, you wouldn't have to use a desktop with Dropbox and everything.

Thanks very much.

Kenyon S

Post by Kenyon S » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:40 pm

Love Auria. thanks.
It would be perfect if you could import/export songs directly to/from your iPad's music library. That way, you wouldn't have to use a desktop with Dropbox and everything.

Thanks very much.